Sapper School

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

abc123
Embryo

Sapper School

Post by abc123 »

Has anyone out there attending this course?

If someone out there has been and can help me with what stuff I should be studying, it would be much appreciated! I've been reading 7-8 and the Ranger Handbook, just curious if anyone had some suggestion about what else I should be reading that might help me while I'm there, thank you.
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Re: Sapper School

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Cosmopolitan...
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Dan B 3/75 wrote:Cosmopolitan...

:D :D :D

Haha Adam, I told you the extent of advice you would get here are jokes. I'm still trying to find you a Sapper grad to speak with one on one. Just remember, this is not some bs school just because we think it is, you are being given one of the biggest privliges in Cadet Command, go forth, kick the courses' ass and then buckle down and get ready for the real show, I hope to pin your tab on you in a year's time (the real tab that is)
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

madslashers1-2 wrote:
Dan B 3/75 wrote:Cosmopolitan...

:D :D :D

Haha Adam, I told you the extent of advice you would get here are jokes. I'm still trying to find you a Sapper grad to speak with one on one.
You don't really think anyone will admit to it on here do you? :lol: :lol:
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Actually I think it's the only school that . hasn't gone to if that says anything.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

It is the most dangerous and challenging school in the entire world's military. It is the toughest 28 days of the Army and only a handful have made it through alive and are able to wear the coveted Black and Red tab. They are tougher than the Rangers, Special Forces, Delta, Seals and the Israeli Mossad all combined!!! The only reason that basic trainees don't run down the road singing "I want to be a Sapper" is because they all fear those Sappers who are out there (that and it just doesn't have the same musical flow and syntax as Airborne Ranger).

To prove that they are mightier than the Special Forces school they have divided up their grueling instruction into things called "Phases". They have Phase I and Phase II, not needing a Phase III because they are also smarter than Special Forces and can "get it" quicker than they can.

To prove that they are mightier than the Rangers, the Sapper School will not just teach grueling Engineer skills, like building a latrine, standing around drinking coffee as the overseer while the infantry lays the minefield, or painting rocks white on the top only... no, to prove that they have superior Engineer skills they do missions such as raids, ambushes and reconnaissance. Though they may seem like it mimics Ranger School and therefore is redundant, there is one major exception. The Sapper school is so mind numbingingly extreme that they let women go through the course. This proves that they are not a bunch of small minded homophobes like the SEALS or The Village People, and are able to withstand hours of incessent whining by ball-less fellow soldiers (oh and the women are there too).

So, to prove your worth as a man (or woman) there is only one school to go to in your entire military career, and this is the Sapper School. Anything else just won't do (or you weren't able to meet the standards to go to them).

Remember in today's Army it is an Army of One, and everyone is a winner, so everyone gets a prize!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
abc123
Embryo

Post by abc123 »

Ranger madslashers1-2: I know, I figured it worth a shot anyways...even if it was one in the dark, thank you for the help!

Ranger dbmtrman: no, I didn't figure I would get serious responses on the open forum, but I did it so that if anybody had gone and was willing to help, they could PM me or something to that affect.

Ranger rgrokelley: I throughly appreciate your vivid illustration highlighting the toughness and severity of said school!
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

There used to be a Sapper Handbook available on the internut, but someone said it's been pulled after 911. Go pester your cadre for AKO support on this one.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

It may not be the sexiest, hardest or most bad ass school in the Army but you can still learn something. For that alone, you should go to every school you can your hands on. Some are stupid, some are not but they all have something to teach you, even if what you're learning is an example of what not to do. For the record, I've never been to Sapper School.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:I'm just an FOG & we're kinda getting off task from helping troop with Sapper School.
Topic Split
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

I work here on Ft. Leonard Wood, but not a grad of the coveted Snapper school. You need to know your demo calculations forward and backward. Hopefully, one of your cadre is an Engineer - or you need to find one.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Well, did you make it back?
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

abc123 wrote:Ranger madslashers1-2: I know, I figured it worth a shot anyways...even if it was one in the dark, thank you for the help!

Ranger dbmtrman: no, I didn't figure I would get serious responses on the open forum, but I did it so that if anybody had gone and was willing to help, they could PM me or something to that affect.

Ranger rgrokelley: I throughly appreciate your vivid illustration highlighting the toughness and severity of said school!
Young Padawan, "taking shots in the dark", with no viable target, serves only to divulge your position, waste ammunition and piss off your buddies when the rounds start coming back and they are compromised. You lose the element of surprise.

In everything there is a lesson if you look for it and listen.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The Mosh Pit”