Who here carries a pistol for personal protection?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Who here carries a pistol for personal protection?

Post by Baseplate »

panthersix wrote:For the love of god, why don’t the moderators kill this thread?
I have not seen this much stupidity my entire life.

SPECOPS you sure do make a lot of references to homosexuality. That is a tale-tale sign of someone who is not secure with there manhood. It is obvious that you lack any qualities that a real man may have. I pity you and your obviously pathetic existence.

Yep, smacks of ArmyRanger.com very much! lol
Now i think I am confused
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Baseplate wrote:
panthersix wrote:For the love of god, why don’t the moderators kill this thread?
I have not seen this much stupidity my entire life.

SPECOPS you sure do make a lot of references to homosexuality. That is a tale-tale sign of someone who is not secure with there manhood. It is obvious that you lack any qualities that a real man may have. I pity you and your obviously pathetic existence.

Yep, smacks of ArmyRanger.com very much! lol
X2. But it happens to me often.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I don't carry a pistol for personal protection, I carry one 'cause there are people in this world that need killin' and you never can tell when you're gonna run into one! :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

RangerLee wrote:LOL.. this thread reminds me of something i read before....

http://tinyurl.com/228925" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awesome
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Slowpoke wrote:I don't carry a pistol for personal protection, I carry one 'cause there are people in this world that need killin' and you never can tell when you're gonna run into one! :twisted:
Couldn't agree more!! :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Once upon a time, when I worked for an oil company (first job out of the service) I was working a 24 hr mini-convenience store in New Orleans as part of my training. Working late sometimes, I kept on old pre-war Luger in the desk drawer. One night there was a huge incident involving a car fire, another car smashing into 300 cases of 7-Up, and me being jumped by half a dozen or so guys from the 'hood. This was a neighborhood as bad as they come in NO, which is as bad as they come. (Also part of my training)
Hotly pursued by the hoodies, I ran for the office and the Luger. Another employee, knowing what I was going for, grabbed my hands as I opened the drawer, shouting "Don't do it! You're gonna throw away everything you worked for over a couple of stupid ******* and some 7-Up!" Just then the hoodies came thru the door and I got the gun up. The hoodies fled, cops arrived seconds later (someone else had called them), took my statement, then left to beat the crap out of the hoodies a few blocks away. Next day I talked to an ass't . DA in NO who told me I had taken a "path of reasonable retreat" and could have shot any or all of the hoodies without serious legal consequence. HOWEVER, this was in 1972, and things were much different then.
I turned in the keys to the c-store and told the company I was done. They transferred me to Atlanta, where I quit the oil co. and went into banking.

I sold the Luger and have not owned a handgun since.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Ranger Bill wrote:
Baseplate wrote:
Panther was quoting the text in the link that was provided.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Silverback wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:
Baseplate wrote:
Panther was quoting the text in the link that was provided.
Now i am less confused
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

[/quote]Panther was quoting the text in the link that was provided.[/quote]

Now i am less confused[/quote]

The link was hilarious! Mall security cop....bwahaha... :lol:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/16/ ... -rest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two men were robbed and one of them was shot multiple times by a gunman at a southbound Interstate 85 rest stop in Granville County late Thursday night, the Granville County Sheriff's Office said Friday.
None of the three men knew each other, said Bryant Strother, a detective with the Granville County Sheriff's office.
Strother said the two men had stopped at the rest area, on the southbound side of the interstate between Oxford and Butner, to use the bathroom when the robbery and shooting occurred about 11:45 p.m.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/16/ ... z0tr3q9Tie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Unfortunately, the US Army Alaska Commanding General's Policy prohibits concealed carry for soldiers, regardless of the fact that Alaska does not require a CCW at all.

Apparently I can be trusted with an M4, 240, AT4, 60mm and 120mm mortars, grenades, .50 cal, Mk19, breaching charges and all sorts of other stuff in Iraq, but I can't be trusted with a 5-shot .38 outside of my house on my own time. It's bullshit.

I used to carry a S&W 642 .38 or a Springfield Armory 1911 .45 all the time before the stupid policy letter came out. Now half the time I just carry a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .44 magnum in plain view. There's nothing that prohibits non-concealed carry. I tell people that I'm protecting myself from bears, but I figure that 6 300-grain cast core .44 mag rounds would probably take care of a human as well. They want to get stupid, I can go along.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Lefty wrote: I sold the Luger and have not owned a handgun since.
All kidding aside, this confuses me. The gun you had was not used to kill anyone, but it did stop you from being beaten and possibly killed.

So do you now carry a 12 gauge sawed off pistol, or did you just turn away from all weapons?

On a sidenote...

Today I had to pull my pistol on a coon. He's been sniffing around my girls for a few days, hanging out, thinking he's bad. I caught him just hanging around outside their bedroom. So I shot him in the head. He flopped around for awhile, not quite dead. I felt pity and shot him in the head again. He still was flopping around, so I came in close, put the pistol in his chest and shot again. He still flopped around for awhile but eventually he died.

I dragged the body out to the woods and left it for the animals to remove.

Racoon, you know.

Been harrassing my chickens.

Unfortunately I am a school teacher, so I can't go packing any heat where I go. So I don't have a concealed permit. It would be a waste of money.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Way to show that coon.

One of my supervisors and I were sent to a rabid Skunk call once. We arrived and the complainant told me where to find said Skunk, and from his description it was definitely rabid. So the descision was made to eradicate the offender, and Sergeant L started to walk around the house. I however walked back to my patrol car and got my M4 (complete with quad rails and ACOG, that is normally reserved for HRT call outs). She looked at me and asked if I was preparing for war... I told her that I wasn't getting close enough to it to shoot with my pistol. We found it on the back of the house against the woodline. I lined it up and shot once, striking it in the face with a 5.56mm. You'd think it was dead, but it kicked as the Sergeant started toward it. I yelled it's still alive, and shot it again...effectively zapping it...but I popped it's gland and the air was suddenly filled with with a stench that was more putrid than any dead body I've ever been around.

Needless to say, that was a day that bringing a cannon to the carnival bb gun booth was a bright idea.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”