Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Post by IEDmagnet »

gsgitu wrote:8. I pay your salary!
I love the George Carlin bit "Hey, Don't I pay your salary? Your a public servant. Get me a glass of water!"

You get me a raise and I'll get you a glass of water!!!
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I once had the priviledge of locking up one of the Kennedy's on one of their classic, family tirades, right in front of the Massachusetts State House to boot at lunch time. (Must've been an early day on the boat drinking)

I was called every name in the book, then told "go fuck yourself I'm not getting out of the car I'm calling my attorney".

I kindly advised them that they were now under arrest for "failure to submit while operating a MV". I executed a perfectly timed wristlock as they reached for the phone on the seat, removing said party from the vehicle, whereon I was spat upon, took a glancing blow to my noggin and then kicked repeatedly in my legs.

My patience was wearing down, so I broke out the old "Karate-in-a-can" (Pepper spray) utilizing short 1 second bursts' of course as we are taught ( :lol: sorry I can't even say that with a straight face. Alright fuck it, I emptied half the can on them).

But then I was forced to execute what you would call a classic belly to back suplex from WWF onto the sidewalk (only to keep this now blinded and extremely combative suspect from running into traffic and getting hurt of course).

The recipient, who I cannot name by name here due to policy and privacy regs, was the winner of a new set of silver bracelets.

After being picked up by 3 cops off the sidewalk and gently tossed into the back of one of our nastiest, stinkiest, most pissed-in, bled-in, rotten "DK" Paddy-Wagons, this fine Kennedy family member was brought to "our house" for booking and a photography session, courtesy of The Commonwealth.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RANGER513 wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:
I ask these things because I teach the Constitution to High School students. I like to know what is allowed and what is not allowed.

WOW !!!!

How about ya try this: Instead of teaching our Nation's future what law enforcement CAN do and CANNOT do, how about ya teach them what is right and what is wrong !!!!!! And maybe, perhaps, that law enforcement should be respected, not telling a law enforcement officer " You can't do that " becuase my high school teacher said the Constituation says you can't.

Just an suggestion.
Wrong! I teach them what the government, whether it is law enforcement, military, civilian or otherwise, can and cannot do according to the laws of the United States. We are a nation of laws, no men. This is what is right and what is wrong.

The concept of telling those who have been given power, by the people, that you cannot do that because it is not allowed in the Magna Charta, Parliamentary Sovereignty, the United States Constitution, or whatever is the contract with the people that are governed, is pretty much what our nation is based upon.

Teaching kids to just say "yes" and never question the authority is how tyranny is created. If you want to look at a great example of a nation that never questions the authority given to the leader in charge, just look at North Korea.

I will continue to teach what is authorized. If I ask a question on here on what is right and what is not, the proper answer would be "law enforcement can do this because of xxx vs. the US" or other type of case law. What I don't expect to hear is we can do it because we are the law and you have to do what we say.

Bullshit.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Well good on ya, then ! Teach them that they don't have to do anything we say or ask, and to ALWAYS question us when we tell them do so something..........

Makes our work MUCH more fun when idiots do that !!!!! :twisted:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

RANGER513 wrote:Well good on ya, then ! Teach them that they don't have to do anything we say or ask, and to ALWAYS question us when we tell them do so something..........

The cops are always right. The cops are always right. Fuck the Constitution. Fuck the law. The cops are the law.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

cams wrote:I once had the priviledge of locking up one of the Kennedy's on one of their classic, family tirades, right in front of the Massachusetts State House to boot at lunch time. (Must've been an early day on the boat drinking)

I was called every name in the book, then told "go fuck yourself I'm not getting out of the car I'm calling my attorney".

I kindly advised them that they were now under arrest for "failure to submit while operating a MV". I executed a perfectly timed wristlock as they reached for the phone on the seat, removing said party from the vehicle, whereon I was spat upon, took a glancing blow to my noggin and then kicked repeatedly in my legs.

My patience was wearing down, so I broke out the old "Karate-in-a-can" (Pepper spray) utilizing short 1 second bursts' of course as we are taught ( :lol: sorry I can't even say that with a straight face. Alright fuck it, I emptied half the can on them).

But then I was forced to execute what you would call a classic belly to back suplex from WWF onto the sidewalk (only to keep this now blinded and extremely combative suspect from running into traffic and getting hurt of course).

The recipient, who I cannot name by name here due to policy and privacy regs, was the winner of a new set of silver bracelets.

After being picked up by 3 cops off the sidewalk and gently tossed into the back of one of our nastiest, stinkiest, most pissed-in, bled-in, rotten "DK" Paddy-Wagons, this fine Kennedy family member was brought to "our house" for booking and a photography session, courtesy of The Commonwealth.
Appreciate it. You're a good man. :D
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RANGER513 wrote:Well good on ya, then ! Teach them that they don't have to do anything we say or ask, and to ALWAYS question us when we tell them do so something..........

Go back and read what I've written. In case you forgot, in your paranoia to feel like everyone is anti-cop, I am the one who wanted to clarify what exactly the police can do in a situation, so that I could tell the students what the cops are allowed to do.

At what point did I ever say that I was going to teach them that they don't have to do anything the police say? I must have missed that, but if you could, please repost it for me here.

Amazingly, I consistently hear folks whine that the kids these days aren't taught history, or aren't taught the Constitution. Well in my class they are taught this, in excruciating detail. When they finish the course they understand what exactly the rights, privileges and responsibilities of citizenship entails. They also learn of men who have stood up for what is right, while those who have usurped power wished that they would be more ignorant, so that they could be easier to manipulate.

However, it seems that you wish to consider an educated citizenry to be "idiots". I guess you also must be of the opinion that there could never be a bad cop, or a bad judge, who uses his power, unjustly and against the laws of the state or of the country, to gain some personal advantage.

Look at your comments. Now consider what Jefferson, Franklin, or any of those who created this country would say to your idea of blind obedience.

Hell, don't even go back 225 years. What would Randy Weaver say?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

rgrokelley wrote:

Go back and read what I've written. In case you forgot, in your paranoia to feel like everyone is anti-cop, I am the one who wanted to clarify what exactly the police can do in a situation, so that I could tell the students what the cops are allowed to do.

At what point did I ever say that I was going to teach them that they don't have to do anything the police say? I must have missed that, but if you could, please repost it for me here.

Amazingly, I consistently hear folks whine that the kids these days aren't taught history, or aren't taught the Constitution. Well in my class they are taught this, in excruciating detail. When they finish the course they understand what exactly the rights, privileges and responsibilities of citizenship entails. They also learn of men who have stood up for what is right, while those who have usurped power wished that they would be more ignorant, so that they could be easier to manipulate.

However, it seems that you wish to consider an educated citizenry to be "idiots". I guess you also must be of the opinion that there could never be a bad cop, or a bad judge, who uses his power, unjustly and against the laws of the state or of the country, to gain some personal advantage.

Look at your comments. Now consider what Jefferson, Franklin, or any of those who created this country would say to your idea of blind obedience.

Hell, don't even go back 225 years. What would Randy Weaver say?

Aren't we supposed to be on the same side? I see both sides of this argument, and wonder why it is even an argument. I agree with you Rgrokelley, in the fact that the youth of this country need to learn about what this country actually stands for and what rights and responsiblities they have as citizens. I also see where Ranger513 is coming from....it's not the educated citizens that cause us the most problems. I really think its more than even being taught what to say, or not listening to what they are told to do by law enforcement. Working in a city that is basically a college town, the biggest problem I see is an unwillingness of youth to accept responsibility for their own actions, and attempt all kinds of things to put blame on anyone but themselves. Case in point, the young man arrested for marijuana possession who screams 4th ammendment violation, when the Supreme Court has ruled that a canine walk around is completely lawful and non-invasive....and allows us under US v. Carroll to conduct a warrantless search of vehicles with the canines alert providing the probable cause. I think that is the kind of stuff he is upset about. Its more a problem of misinformation rather than proper education, which is obvious that you're doing the proper.

There are bad cops, there are bad judges, there are bad teachers too...and millions of sources of the misinformation. So, again...I'm really missing why the argument is still going.

Again, I see both of your sides, and think that its been blown out of proportion on both sides. Thank you both for your continued service. YOU are both doing GOOD things for your communities. Can't we just all get along.

Oh yeah, and the material nature of Terry v. Ohio is exactly what you said. Those were the facts of the case. However, take a look at the descision rendered from the case. It was a question of probable cause v. reasonable suspicion, it gave judicial notice of weapons and drugs going together, and has since been cited in everything up to and including traffic stops. I'm going back to my corner.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Boudicca wrote:
cams wrote:I once had the priviledge of locking up one of the Kennedy's on one of their classic, family tirades, right in front of the Massachusetts State House to boot at lunch time. (Must've been an early day on the boat drinking)

You're welcome Ma'am, but believe me, it was my pleasure to show one of the Royal Family around the booking room while their face was painted orange from the OC Spray.

Of course it ended as we'd all suspect, never went to court, and all charges were dropped by the ADA. Ahhh the wheels of justice. :lol:

Fuck it though, you can't take this job personally, it's kind of like being an Admin here. :mrgreen:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

cams wrote:
Boudicca wrote:

You're welcome Ma'am, but believe me, it was my pleasure to show one of the Royal Family around the booking room while their face was painted orange from the OC Spray.

Of course it ended as we'd all suspect, never went to court, and all charges were dropped by the ADA. Ahhh the wheels of justice. :lol:

Fuck it though, you can't take this job personally, it's kind of like being an Admin here. :mrgreen:
I would pay soem serious coin to have a video of this. I imagine the PD in Palm Beach would have handled the situation differently. Likely to involve chapstick.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

when it comes to behavior in transportation/traffic, any changes needed for safety or to increase capacity involve not only engineering, but also:

Education
Encouragement
Enforcement

But we all know that unless traffic enforcement is a revenue generator in a jurisdiction with low crime rates, then the cops are busy elsewhere. But you can't "out-engineer" stupid.....
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

panthersix wrote:when it comes to behavior in transportation/traffic, any changes needed for safety or to increase capacity involve not only engineering, but also:

Education
Encouragement
Enforcement

But we all know that unless traffic enforcement is a revenue generator in a jurisdiction with low crime rates, then the cops are busy elsewhere. But you can't "out-engineer" stupid.....
Let me lend some clarification to this widely spread notion. Fact of the matter is if you live in a large, metropolitan area, with a high crime rate, making it through a red light, illegal lane changes, excessive speed amongst other things have the odds in your favor you'll more than likely get away with it and against being stopped.

Now, migrate you and you conveyance to a smaller town, with 1 stoplight and hardly any crime at all and try the same thing. What do you think is going to happen if it's a slow night, and 4 officers are on duty? Ever notice or remember the same when it came to MP's on Post? Don't speed or do anything stupid or they're guaranteed to write you up? Same applies.
gsgitu wrote:8. I pay your salary!
I love the George Carlin bit "Hey, Don't I pay your salary? Your a public servant. Get me a glass of water!"

Cops know you pay taxes and that your taxes pay cops' salaries. Cops also pay taxes, which also pay cops' salaries so, “Hey, this traffic stop is on me, Now sign here; press hard.” :D
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Wasn't there a comedian that suggested the best way to get out of a ticket was to be picking your nose when the officer approached the vehicle?

After all, you have to sign with his pen :twisted:

That said my technique for avoiding tickets is to ensure there is at least one asshole going faster than me. these days this is not a problem.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

CenterMass wrote:
Let me lend some clarification to this widely spread notion. Fact of the matter is if you live in a large, metropolitan area, with a high crime rate, making it through a red light, illegal lane changes, excessive speed amongst other things have the odds in your favor you'll more than likely get away with it and against being stopped.

Now, migrate you and you conveyance to a smaller town, with 1 stoplight and hardly any crime at all and try the same thing. What do you think is going to happen if it's a slow night, and 4 officers are on duty? Ever notice or remember the same when it came to MP's on Post? Don't speed or do anything stupid or they're guaranteed to write you up? Same applies.
This is the truth. As a Motor Cop for 10 yrs, I would sit at the lights and when they would turn green for me, I'd wait for the next three cars to run their redlight before I'd attempt to get thru the intersection. If I went immediately on green, I'da been roadkill long ago. And this is common knowledge for most city dwellars, which is why there's not that many accidents.

Simple explanation for this, is that with the amount of traffic in the city, you could sit at every single redlight and write tickets all day and all night, which is fine if that's your assignment, but if it's not, you have to let these lesser violations go because once you're in the midst of a stop, and you call in the plate, you own them until it's done, and if one your buddies starts yelling for help over the radio a block away cause he's in a robbery foot chase or fighting with two or three crackheads or has a stabbing or shooting and needs someone to go after the suspect rickity tick while he stays with the victim, you don't want to be in the middle of writing a 50.00 citation. It may sound fucked up, but it's just the way it is.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”