Idiot Parents

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Idiot Parents

Post by colt1rgr »

Some valid points on child control. Bottom line is that many have been deluded into thinking that they will go to jaiil if they put a strap on some ass. When I was a cop I'd get calls where the parents would have unruly kids and say "you need to do something with this child" to which I would always politely reply "that's YOUR job to be the parent, do you spank them?" Many times parents would say to me that if they spanked them I would come arrest them. I always laughed and said "telll you what, I will sit here and watch you if you'd like, just to ensure its above board, but as long as its on the backside and doesn't involve abuse........GO FOR IT!" I raised four boys, none of them got more than 1-2 spankings from me, that was all it took. All I had to do was give the "YOU'RE FIXIN' TO CALL DOWN THE THUNDER" look and peace was attained. Way I see it child abuse is failing to raise them IAW the OPLAN which clearly states "Spare the rod, spoil the child". Of course there are some assclowns out there who have no reason for raising kids and they should be systematically exterminated anyways.......... :twisted:

On a lighter note, I was raised by mother after my Dad died at an early age. My Momma had five brothers and was from Tennessee. I seldom pissed her off on purpose. If a parent was to beat their kids the way my Momma did me today they would be "under the jail". And truth be known, I deserved everyone I got and deserved a few more. :lol:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Spankings and psyops are just two tools in the parenting tool box, being a father is the hardest thing I've ever done...no one "silver bullet" parenting trick works universally across all kids....I just can't endorse spanking as "THE" only way to discipline. But I have to say, it depends on the kid too. I've seen some ornery children in my time that only responded to beatings.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

panthersix wrote:Spankings and psyops are just two tools in the parenting tool box, being a father is the hardest thing I've ever done...no one "silver bullet" parenting trick works universally across all kids....I just can't endorse spanking as "THE" only way to discipline. But I have to say, it depends on the kid too. I've seen some ornery children in my time that only responded to beatings.
Amen
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I've always found a strong glare and a gentle reminder that I know all the "right" pressure points can convey a VERY strong message.

that said, I am the marshmallow in my family. If my kids fuck up, I just tell them wait until your mother gets home..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

My father told this story a while ago. My father and his friend just got out of pilot training. They're at the BX ready to checkout. Im rightfully assuming it was for some alcoholic beverages to celebrate. This lady has about 3 kids and 1 of them is yelling uncontrollably it seems at the register. My fathers friend asks the kids parent "Do you want me to hit your kid for you?". The lady then cursed so much and so loudly in front of her kids. Im sure it made her look so bad in front of everybody there. As a young kid my parents told me countless stories of me crying my ass off in Olive Garden. I would cry until my father picked me up. As soon as he would sit down even with me in his arms I would start crying again. I would have my father standing the whole time at a Olive Garden or a Red Lobster.

Im sure everybody on this thread remembers a time when they shoulda got slapppppped as a youngin :cry:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Should have gotten slapped?!? I can't remember a should have....it was always a "holy hell that shite hurt".
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

My Dad only got physical with me once. In fact, he kicked me. He kicked me right in the tailbone with a steel-toed work boot when I was about 4 or 5. That was all it took. After that, the glare and the words "Joseph William" was all it took. Mom, on the other hand, would switch me or hit me with a belt - and then cry and hug me. I'd rather be beaten with the hot wheels track than have my momma cry...
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92

Return to “The Mosh Pit”