Ranger Medic Photo Callout

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
RngrDoc75
Ranger

Ranger Medic Photo Callout

Post by RngrDoc75 »

Gentlemen-

In the last 2 years, the medics of the Regiment have occupied new building real estate. The RHQ (RMED) and 1/75 in new facilities; 3/75 in a renovated area, 2/75 set to get a new building in a couple of years and RSTB in the former RMED (old RHQ command group area) with a future building pending.

I'm looking for Historical Ranger Medical photos for decoration and esprit de corps. All eras and generations of Ranger Medicine are welcome. If possible, attempt to identify individuals and/or events in the photos. It can be group photos or medics in action. Scans and jpegs would be best, but if you are willing to part with original photos then you can trust they will be in good hands. They will be framed and displayed in the hallways and classrooms of our current aid stations.

We have not done our best at collecting our Ranger Medical history and we are trying to fix that. I realize that for as long as I've been around, I have only have a few photos.

Please no nudes unless of course medical treatment was being rendered (i.e. the good old RIP student heat injury at mile 8 of a 12-mile road march). I know how some of you perverts are out there...

I guess you can either post them as a response or PM them to me. If need be, you can PM me and I'll shoot you my work e-mail for sending them.

Thanks
RngrDoc75
Ranger Medic, 75th RGR Regt
1990-1995 at 1/75
1995 to 2012 at RHQ
2012 to 2015 at USSOCOM
2015 to Present CoTCCC/Joint Trauma System

if you can do the math and have been in the Regt medical team in those years, then you probably know who I am...

Dominatus Comminus Rememdium
"Mastery in Close Combat Medicine"
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Re: Ranger Medic Photo Callout

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Sorry Doc, I was never a big "picture" dude. The only pictures I have of our kick ass medics are in my melon.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Renderings on stone tablets are hard to scan but I'll see what I can do.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I have some we took after the EFMB in '81 and before Doc Donovan took off for PA School. I'm not very good at posting photos on the forum but I'll give it a shot. I also have one of me in the C.Co. Aide Station.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Here's what I've found so far. It was taken in August of '66 at MACV Recondo School, Class 0. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.
Attachments
collins.JPG
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

while I was injured and assigned to the training room at BCo 3/75 I was able to follow the Company on a Blankfire live / fire on K22 around the 99- 00 time frame with a Camera, I have an entire photo album of the Infil, Support by fire, Breach, Trench clearing, and Casualty Collection Point and Exfil. I will have to see if I can find it and get some of those shots scanned in. I have a good shot of Doc Miller giving a jugular stick to some poor assesed casualty.
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Then SSG Voyles and "Doc" Francis

"Doc" Francis giving a class at An Khe
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur

Return to “Medical Issues”