Introduction - Want to join the 160th

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Want to join the 160th

Post by Jim »

landon68w wrote:not that I don't have thick skin, I just didn't understand it to be a joke that's all. I had a defensive stance just at first coming to these forums and saw that comment and didn't think you rangers we're much of jokers... but now that I started off on the wrong foot and maybe pissed a couple guys off... can you guys help me out?! haha
Landon, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are not doing well at all. First, we take seriously our task of assisting young men prepare themselves for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. As you have stated that you want to go to the 160th SOAR, perhaps you might be more comfortable at SOCNET.com. Next, whenever the honorific "Ranger" is used on this site, it is usually spelled with a capitol letter. In addition, most of us pride ourselves in our ability to write in English. You were furnished a copy of our ROE, and you are expected to follow those rules or be gone. I'm not your parents, your teachers, and I do not have to tolerate unresponsive behavior. And, no, you do not have thick skin.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Want to join the 160th

Post by Bravo57 »

landon68w wrote:not that I don't have thick skin, I just didn't understand it to be a joke that's all. I had a defensive stance just at first coming to these forums and saw that comment and didn't think you rangers we're much of jokers... but now that I started off on the wrong foot and maybe pissed a couple guys off... can you guys help me out?! haha
Topic locked.

Landon,
Read the ROE I sent you and send me a private message once you have completed that task. I will then re-open this thread.

You need to remember, you came into our house, looking for information. We didn't ask you to come, you came of your own free will. This is not myspace, facebook or any other forum you've been to before.

If you try the same shitty attitude at SOCNET, you will most likely get the same response from them as well.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”