Sprained wrist and sinus problem

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
fritzscorner
US Army

Re: Sprained wrist and sinus problem

Post by fritzscorner »

Hitokiri wrote:well i have good news Rangers my aunt convinced me to go to a local massage therapist in tj before i went to the doctor so i agreed because i had the same person put a spine disk back into place once and wouldnt you know after 5 minutes of cracking and what not it was fixed and he said i didnt have any ligaments torn just had my bones ontop of each other....i felt realived to be able to regain my future plan back..but also pissed as fuck..why the hell did the doctor here tell me i tore a freking ligament..he told me i would have to pay for the MRI and all this other bullshit..wtf did he just want to take my money or what...
so i should be back on the push up and weighlifting on monday O and i also got treated with homeopathic herbs for the sinus and its clearing away..
No offense or anything but medical treatment in many places of Mexico is still wave the chicken vodoo backwoods stuff. "I had the same person put a spine disk back into place" sounds very far fetched if you ask me. Id just be careful is all.

Your wrist probably felt better after seeing the massage therapist because you babied your wrist after the injury. When you baby it is when it gets stiff and makes it painful to move. As long as there is no broken bones range of motion exercises are the best thing you can do for muscoskeletal injuries after the initial 72hrs.

There are guidelines for muscoskeletal injuries and if you meet certian criteria its basically mandatory xray/mri. Ottawa rules for the ankle being one, if you meet any of the criteria its basically mandatory xray. Regardless if anything is truely broken or not.
SPC 68W10 4/1 AD US ARMY
Currently Serving in Iraq.

Return to “Medical Issues”