Wanting to learn

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Caruthers
Ranger

Re: Wanting to learn

Post by Caruthers »

M.I. Rrriiigggghhhht. For fucks sake stud. You ARE the computer guy.........use it to find info: read such info.........then come and ask questions/respectfully debate issues.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Op4guy
Embryo

Re: Wanting to learn

Post by Op4guy »

Like many have said here, there is tons of info out there on weapons. Key points to consider though:
1-What weapons are you looking into?
2-What will be the purpose of these weapons?
3-What is your budget?

Once you have answered those questions you have a base to start with. The hardest part you will find is sorting through all the bullshit that is out there. I'm not a fan of AR15.com and have found you stand a better chance of getting misinformation there due to all the BS. I'm not saying they don't have experience there, I'm just saying it's harder to find it since many there are average joe people who own an AR and generally will just regurgitate what info they have gotten in the past.

Now there are a few other places where I would go for good AR info. One of them being M4carbine.net and the other being Lightfighter.net: both are great sources. Though LF.net can be a dangerous place to ask a dumb question. You get info from real world shooters in the .mil, LE, PMC, and professional training worlds.

All that said, AR builds are not cheap if you are building them for hard use. I have 3 going on 4 sitting in my safe right now and it's well over $7k in guns, parts and optics.

Return to “Weapons of War”