Noveske Rifleworks vs. Patriot Ordinance Firearms

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
resqparamedic
Ranger

Noveske Rifleworks vs. Patriot Ordinance Firearms

Post by resqparamedic »

Hey all you gun gurus,

I am looking at picking up a .308/SR25 type of rifle that affords reliability and accuracy. I have narrowed my selection down to the following two:

The Noveskey N6 16.1" 7.62mm Rifle http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/im ... e=&status=

The Patriot Ordinance http://www.pof-usa.com/p308/P-308-16-MR ... R.O.S..htm P-308 Semi-Auto 16.5" Carbine, w/continuous fluting under rail system.

I've read good things about both companies and rifles.

I like the POF piston system and believe it is more reliable thatn the standard system. Also, a Guns and Ammo article states the POF shoots sub half MOA out of the box. Plus it $2,400 compared with the Noveskey at $3,000.

I shot a Noveske a while back and liked it. However, the Noveske web site states, "This rifle is designed and intended for use with high quality 7.62x51 NATO ammunition. Commercial ammunition may not function through this rifle based on improper projectile design, or the lack of a staked primer." So I am wondering if I am going to get into ammo issues with it. Also, the rifle is $600 more than the POF and I have not been able to find any claims of accuracy.

So, any ideas, advice, or help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Regt HQ '93 - '94
Bco 3/75 '94 - '96

Afghanistan '04 - '05
Iraq '05 - '08
Sudan '08 - '09
Iraq '09 - As soon as I can finish up my contract!
CWeber
Ranger

Post by CWeber »

I've used both Mfgs. in AR builds and both make quality stuff. I like the POF products a little more because they are all Billet as opposed to being Forged.
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

DPMS Panther is a very good weapon for the price
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Noveske Rifleworks vs. Patriot Ordinance Firearms

Post by Flesh Thorn »

resqparamedic wrote: I shot a Noveske a while back and liked it. However, the Noveske web site states, "This rifle is designed and intended for use with high quality 7.62x51 NATO ammunition. Commercial ammunition may not function through this rifle based on improper projectile design, or the lack of a staked primer." So I am wondering if I am going to get into ammo issues with it.
Unless you are planning on buying all of your ammo from Walmart then it shouldn't be much of an issue. 7.62 Nato is still cheaper than .308 Win., but you will have to order it. Any semi -automatic rifle chambered in 7.62 Nato may have issues with commercial ammunition.

Does the Noveske use special magazines ? I have seen some brands that use FAL mags and some that use G3 mags. AR10 mags are pretty pricey.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

AR10 mags are just like the M14 mags. You just need to dremel a spot for the mag release. This works out great if you have a M14 and an AR10. I like the piston stuff, so I would say POF. Billet is really nice compared to forged as well.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

Check out LaRue Tactical's new AR-10. http://www.laruetactical.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guaranteed to be sub-MOA and LaRue's quality and customer service is second to none.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

I hear that the LWRC is making a .308 REPR that is Gas piston and I have heard good things about them. The Geissele triggers are top notch and break clean and crisp. You can get seperate uppers.

http://www.lwrci.com/p-120-repr.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00

Return to “Weapons of War”