pistol for the little lady?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Rangerguru
Ranger

Re: pistol for the little lady?

Post by Rangerguru »

My lady friend carries a Springfield XD sub-compact .40, she keeps a Taurus Judge on the nightstand loaded with 410 buckshot and an SKS under the bed.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

My wife had a little Colt .38 that she had before we got married, and since then her father has taken that one back. I took her to the range to see what she likes, I have the Glock, 26, 19, 17 interchangeable mags. the Ruger LCP which my wife said is "cute" my HK USP tactical and an old colt series 70 1911, she shot all the handguns and said the recoil on the smallest weapons were too much for her and she liked the Glock 19 with the surefire x300, light. She keeps that by her nightstand, and with the Dog, the ADT alarm and a Glock she feels pretty safe while at home. She is not too bad with a Benelli M1S90 either.. Its nice to have a family that shoots trap and skeet for fun.
As mentioned before, Let her make a decision on what she likes, if she likes it and is not afraid to use it she will feel comfortable with it.
I sold firearms during a stint after the army at Shooters of Columbus while I was going to College, and when people would come in and say I want a cheap gun for home defense, I would ask them how much is your life worth? and sell them something that they were comfortable with that was Reliable...
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00
Reiver
Ranger

Post by Reiver »

All a matter of training, folks. If you're willing to do range time; safeties, reloads, malfunction drills, etc., then go for the semi-auto that tickles your fancy. If not, stay with DA revolvers, only malfunction drill being "pull trigger again". Concentrate range drills at distances, and positions that make sense in your home defense scenario. Don't forget lighting either, and/or lack thereof.
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Reiver wrote: Concentrate range drills at distances, and positions that make sense in your home defense scenario. Don't forget lighting either, and/or lack thereof.
Bottom one pulls security..... :lol:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “Weapons of War”