I'm looking for a holster thread...

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
dbmtrman
Ranger

Re: I'm looking for a holster thread...

Post by dbmtrman »

How did you plan on carrying it? If you don't mind my asking. Are you military or LE? or just for carrying concealed. I carry a Springfield Operator TRP with a light rail, and the TLR 1 light. I know that Blackhawk is making a modular holster that the Springfield fits in. It has a clip that you can use to move the holster from one deployment configuaration to another.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Aker, Galco, Bianchi, Safariland just to name a few, all make a horizontal shoulder rig as well as sell the holster separate if you already have a shoulder strap rig w/o the holster.

I've had a horizontal Galco Jackass rig for years and have nothing bad to say about it.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Something to keep in mind when dealing with/wearing shoulder holsters is the act of re-holstering.

This generally takes both hands to seat the weapon in the shoulder holster safely, otherwise it just pushes it back or out of the way during the attempt.

Now, whether you're LE or civilian, time will come that you may pull that roscoe, and then have to go hands-on with an uncooperative S/P, he's got no weapon and it may have de-escalated into a less than lethal force situation, but you can't secure your weapon without using both hands, one of which is holding someone down by the throat while you reach for your handmike, or utilizing a wristlock/armbar/whatever to try and keep the S/P on the ground either awaiting LE help or trying to get him cuffed should you already be LE.

Point being, sometimes you just can't use both hands to re-holster is all, think of where you're going to secure that smokewagon ahead of time should the need arise.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

cams wrote:Something to keep in mind when dealing with/wearing shoulder holsters is the act of re-holstering.

This generally takes both hands to seat the weapon in the shoulder holster safely, otherwise it just pushes it back or out of the way during the attempt.

Now, whether you're LE or civilian, time will come that you may pull that roscoe, and then have to go hands-on with an uncooperative S/P, he's got no weapon and it may have de-escalated into a less than lethal force situation, but you can't secure your weapon without using both hands, one of which is holding someone down by the throat while you reach for your handmike, or utilizing a wristlock/armbar/whatever to try and keep the S/P on the ground either awaiting LE help or trying to get him cuffed should you already be LE.

Point being, sometimes you just can't use both hands to re-holster is all, think of where you're going to secure that smokewagon ahead of time should the need arise.
Or just give him/her a pistol whuppin!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

just putting this out there, you do what you need/want, but I've got a crossbreed supertuck for my 1911. it works. I've seen smaller guys than me try mine on and they still don't print with it. so, you could go IWB with a 5".
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

I have been using FIST INC holsters for years, They have a type that is a leather kydex hybrid, leather on the outside and a thin kydex inside, they can do that for any holster that they make. I Have several of the convertable ones, IWB or on the belt. I
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00

Return to “Weapons of War”