Count yer guns!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

AntonA2W
Ranger

Count yer guns!

Post by AntonA2W »

Make sure you know how many you have..... Gun owners... look what's on the 2010 tax return
The American public had better wake up. This is about as scary as it gets. Talk about a slippery slope. Hitler started the same way . Freedom evaporated before anyone knew what was happening.

VERIFIED – TRUE by snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As if we didn't have enough to get upset about! If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!
It begins... more Freedom gone... the right to protect yourself and your family gone! Now ALL GUNS must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!
Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.
It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.
This bill was introduced on February 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT, this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama? You must be kidding!
The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage: http://www.senate.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <http://www.senate.gov/> . You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.
Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text >
Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.
It has begun... Whatever Obama's "Secret Master Plan" is... this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!'
Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it!
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Goggle HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.
Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: 1) It is registered 2) You are fingerprinted 3) You supply a current Driver's License 4) You supply your Social Security number 5) You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
Each update change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25. Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in prison.
If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.
This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.
This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Re: Count yer guns!

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

I believe this info was passed around years ago?

It was bogus then too brother.
AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

My apologies then, It was sent to me by a good friend, raised my eyebrows and was a dumbass for not verifying. Maybe an admin can remove topic
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

AntonA2W wrote:My apologies then, It was sent to me by a good friend, raised my eyebrows and was a dumbass for not verifying. Maybe an admin can remove topic
Oh no!!! You don't get off that easy! :lol: They have never removed any of my dumbass posts and I've made many! Just take your medicine! :D
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Just for the RECORD......I sold all my guns at a flea market. I just stockpile ammunition to help stimulate the economy.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Why own a gun when you can hug a tree?

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

what's a gun?
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Guns are bad mmmmkkay? :roll: They kill people like a fork made me fat.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Just for the RECORD......I sold all my guns at a flea market. I just stockpile ammunition to help stimulate the economy.
Weird, all my weapons were stolen....last night in fact. All I have left is a pellet gun and something like 50,000 rounds of ammo which I will tithe to my local church. Where's a tree....I need a hug.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

When I worked at the gun counter in Nebraska, I swear at least every other day some dude would walk in with some new gun conspiracy theory. If you were a little bored a guy could have some fun. But I spent a lot of time correcting these guys. Many people don't know this but that 4473 that you fill out when you buy a firearm never leaves the store unless the ATF seizes the records which never happens and if it does the store owner has bigger problems than the G man knowing who has what guns. I could go on for hours but the short answer is there is no way for anyone to know what firearms you own unless you tell them
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Baseplate wrote:When I worked at the gun counter in Nebraska, I swear at least every other day some dude would walk in with some new gun conspiracy theory. If you were a little bored a guy could have some fun. But I spent a lot of time correcting these guys. Many people don't know this but that 4473 that you fill out when you buy a firearm never leaves the store unless the ATF seizes the records which never happens and if it does the store owner has bigger problems than the G man knowing who has what guns. I could go on for hours but the short answer is there is no way for anyone to know what firearms you own unless you tell them

You sure about that? When the call goes in to check the records of the buyer, is that not logged in? And in that call in isnt the buyer and weapon identified? Furthermore, if that was true in forensic matching of guns, shell casings....how do the police match up buyer/owner of weapons with shell casings and or weapons?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Baseplate wrote:When I worked at the gun counter in Nebraska, I swear at least every other day some dude would walk in with some new gun conspiracy theory. If you were a little bored a guy could have some fun. But I spent a lot of time correcting these guys. Many people don't know this but that 4473 that you fill out when you buy a firearm never leaves the store unless the ATF seizes the records which never happens and if it does the store owner has bigger problems than the G man knowing who has what guns. I could go on for hours but the short answer is there is no way for anyone to know what firearms you own unless you tell them

You sure about that? When the call goes in to check the records of the buyer, is that not logged in? And in that call in isnt the buyer and weapon identified? Furthermore, if that was true in forensic matching of guns, shell casings....how do the police match up buyer/owner of weapons with shell casings and or weapons?
Not every state requires a phone call for each gun. In NE to buy a handgun you 1st get a purchase permit. After that you no longer have to do the background check. Also the only thing idienitfied about the gun is if it is a longgun or handgun nothing else. As for police work I don't know how it works but even if a cop finds a shell casing there is no way to know what gun it came from unless you live in a state that requires you to register the casing when you buy it (NY & MD I think) Other than that they cops gotta find the casing and the gun to match them up. Kind of like finding a finger print. They can find the print but untill they find the finger that matches it there isn't much else that can be done
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
KK52

Post by KK52 »

As has been indicated by others: Well, not yet, anyway.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq/SB2099.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not that I don't think that Obama & Company wouldn't like to pull it off, But for right now, they don't have the votes in the Senate and it's an election year for EVERYONE in the House. Besides which, the current makeup of the Supreme Court is unlikely to let it go sliding past.

I trust that everyone here is registered to vote and knows which legislator stands where on whatever issue. It's really important, and the Primary is the place to get rid of the marginal ones. In the General election in November, that's when you have to hold your nose and vote for damage control (in situations when that's the best option).

Politics is an ugly game, but the price of not playing is far too high.
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

Whew! I thought I was going to have to go rogue.
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”