What Kind Of Boots Do You Prefer

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
FO4LIFE
Embryo

What Kind Of Boots Do You Prefer

Post by FO4LIFE »

To all the retired and active soldiers whether ranger or not , I am just asking what boots do you prefer ? I have tried all sorts but just cant seem to find a good pair ? Any suggestions ?
HHC 2/16 IN
2008- Present
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Re: What Kind Of Boots Do You Prefer

Post by CloakAndDagger »

I was happy with my black Jungle Boots (this was the pre-ACU days), and the Desert Boots were pretty comfy too, but the soles on the Deserts were a bit soft (wearing out too quick), and there were a lot of Deserts poorly stitched together at that time (ca. 2002).

Having been out of the Army for a little while now, I can't vouch for what's currently authorized footwear, but if you go with all-leather boots, they need a sizable amount of time to break-in the sidewalls.

Also, if your reception station was like mine, you'll be much happier with a boot exactly one size larger than they gave you, but possibly narrower. Example:

reception issued, after a bit of a fight, plenty of blisters during break-in: 7 1/2 W
post-BCT, self-chosen, and mostly comfy with no blisters: 8 1/2 R

My last recommendation is that you immediately replace the insoles that come with the boots.
Reiver
Ranger

Post by Reiver »

FO4LIFE wrote:To all the retired and active soldiers whether ranger or not , I am just asking what boots do you prefer ? I have tried all sorts but just cant seem to find a good pair ? Any suggestions ?
For What Use? Just as there is no "one over the world camo", there is no "one over the world boot". Narrow your requirement, and you'll get a more relevent response.
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Lunch wrote:This topic was addressed awhile back and had some good info...Personally, for general purpose I still stand by my Danner Acadia selection; Gore-Tex, Thinsulate- but boots are analagous to women's shoes: where you gonna wear them, what are you going to be doing in them, does the color match your belt, etc. Bottom line though is if you try to find a bargain they'll end up costing you real quick.
Leave it to a 3rd Batt. guy to compare mens boots to womens shoes... :shock: :lol: :lol:

but he is correct...I still have a pair of Jungles that are more comfortable than socks, and Danners are heavy, but comfy...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

DRY boots. The first thing a 2d Battboy will think of.

Learn to take care of your footgear.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Personal Gear”