Any Rangers know an Israeli Ranger...

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Conack
Embryo

Any Rangers know an Israeli Ranger...

Post by Conack »

Rangers-
I apologize in advance if I misunderstood the SOP for this board and shouldn't be posting here, but I understood it to say that registered users can post here, and this is the most relevant board for my question.

I am former Israeli SF, and I'm hoping to wrestle either an 18x or Option 40 contract out of the hands of a recruiter this summer (I am an American citizen). That being said (and as explained in detail in my intro here: http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=51733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) I have heard rumors about a former member of my unit who moved to the States and became a Ranger. Now I don't expect to get a name and class number over the internet, but I would greatly appreciate if ANY Ranger, Tabbed or Regiment, has ever encountered or at least heard of such a Ranger, because even if I can't get in contact with him, his precedence would at least serve me in my future battle with the Recruiters, and possibly could aid me in any potential problems that may arise with security clearance issues.

What I'm looking for is anyone who has seen or even just heard of a Ranger who either is Israeli (and simply had citizenship through a parent or immigration), or possibly just served in the Israeli SF and might be American born. I don't mean an Israeli SF that came to do US Ranger School as an Israeli Soldier but one who became a US Ranger in the US Army. Might just be a rumor but I'm hoping its a true one.

Thanks,
Travis
dbmtrman
Ranger

Re: Any Rangers know an Israeli Ranger...

Post by dbmtrman »

How do we know you aren't a secret agent for Hamas or Hezbollah? LOL
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Conack
Embryo

Post by Conack »

Haha! Yeah I was actually thinking something along those lines as I was writing, Ranger dbmtrman. I guess we will just have to put trust in the merciful allah that I am not.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Travis,

I had a Plt. Leader back in '87 or '88 that came from Israeli S.F.

Seemed like a good guy, and an above average leader, ( he was obviously Ranger Qualified ) but he didn't last long. I was away in a school when he ordered my Plt. to assualt an objective during a live fire training excerise and he had everyone take off thier K-Pots and wear patrol caps and drop thier LCE's and stuff mags into thier pockets.

The main problem was the B.C. was watching this live fire excerise and he came unglued !!! Plt. Leader was gone the next day. Apparently the B.C. didn't like Israeli S.F. " tactics " ( if thats what they were ) being used during a training live fire.

I'm not going to give out names, but if you are asking IF it has done before, then yes, it has been done before.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Conack
Embryo

Post by Conack »

Thanks Alot Ranger Ranger513 (that feels a bit redundant but better to err on the side of respect I suppose)

Well we certainly do have a reputation for being unconventional, but I never recall anyone thinking mags in pockets was the way to go! I guess I can say sometimes we have great tactical ideas, and sometimes we shove mags into our pockets...

Thanks I'm not looking for names, I realize that's problematic, I mostly just wanted to know that it has been done. If it has BEEN done, it can BE done. So thank you.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Yep. Actually served with 2 Israelis who became Rangers. Its happened.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”