Shipping Out

Basic & AIT
mckeating
Infantryman

Shipping Out

Post by mckeating »

Rangers,

Well the time has come, I'm shipping out of MEPs on Tuesday for Ft. Benning. I took my pre-ship PT test with my recruiter yesterday, 5 sit-ups short, but 100+ on the other events. I haven't really posted much, but read a lot.

Thank you Rangers and everyone else that contributed to this site, its a absolute gold mine of information. But information can only go so far, its up to the individual. I'm confident I can tackle whats ahead of me. I'll SITREP when I can, as to contribute to the site. I'm not wasting this opportunity and I will not quit.

Again, thank you.

-mckeating
RangerJurena's mentee
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Shipping Out

Post by Jim »

Excellent. You have covered a lot of ground since November. Awaiting your SITREPs. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

You'll have plenty of time to get your situps up where you want them. Don't know the current set up, but when I was in OSUT, we had a small room at one end of our barracks where we could lift weights after hours. If they still have something like that, you can work on your scores every evening. Get a 25 lb weight and hold it across your chest while doing situps or crunches. If they have a chinup bar, practice bringing your knees to your chest. I'm sure you'll be maxing soon.

Sounds like you're ready. Make us proud, and be sure to give us a SITREP from time to time. When it gets tough, remember that every single person on this site who has Ranger by their name has done everything you'll be going through and then some. You just have to make your mind up that you won't accept failure. Best of luck to you. Lead the way!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Best of luck to you, with luck meaning preparedness meeting opportunity. Your prepared and you have the opportunity. Now go and make your own good luck.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “About OSUT”