first time in 10 years

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

gsgitu
Ranger

Re: first time in 10 years

Post by gsgitu »

Rangertom wrote:Well I finely donned the Black Beret again, after about 10 years. (hopefully I will be back to maroon in june) I finely came home to Benning also. I guess after 10 years it was time. How the times change….
To my shock and Awe I find the former ‘Traffic Light Lounge’ and accompanying motel are nothing but a dirt pits now. Actually there does not seem to be anywhere near the amount of strip joints on ‘VD’ any more. What are the current bat boys doing for girl friends? Lots of new buildings and took me a while to find a gym Bryant Wells is now the combatives school. The new Smith gym is pretty good though. What a change 10 years makes looks like third Bat and RGT have taken over more space also. There are new taco shops ‘brew pubs’ even Starbucks on post. And the number of gas stations has gone up. You would have thought they would build a new commissary with the new PX but guess not. They are finely tearing down splinter village. Hopefully they found all those missing awards documents that would spontaneously disappear from your 201 file. I still think they would randomly throw documents away. Well looks like I will have to get reacquainted with the post and check out the new INF museum since I am going to be here a couple of months.
I think the building that are missing from splinter village were taken to the new museum and made into a display since they were some of the original barracks. I was there a couple weeks ago and I felt the same way, so much has changed in 11 yrs. Going back this weekend to meet up with some guys and see some of the new sights.
Alphatraz 3/75 1st Plt. Glory Boys
1994-98
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

i thought you had gotten out
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

The Infantry Museum is incredibly impressive. They did it right for sure, IMO.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
gsgitu
Ranger

Post by gsgitu »

I remember when it was SOP to have a polaroid of yourself with a stripper, preferably from the TLL, sitting in the wide open of your room for barracks inspection. 1SG Lane walked in and that was the only thing that was inspected. I just remember the 1SG laughing his ass off talking about the hatchet wound on that bitch. Who ever said barracks inspections were a pain in the ass. :D Best fifteen bucks I spent.
Alphatraz 3/75 1st Plt. Glory Boys
1994-98
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Traffic Light

Brandi Dupree

Just curious if anyone else remembers.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Rangertom wrote:it is amazing what can be rung up on a credit card as 'srevices rendered'
We had to use cash... credit cards weren't invented yet.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rgrokelley wrote:Traffic Light

Brandi Dupree

Just curious if anyone else remembers.
Panama Red from the Aztec Lounge. She was there when I was in OCS. She was there when I went to the Advanced Course, and she was the bartender when I wandered in around 1995.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Reminds me of when Doc Spottsville's wife left him and she went back to dancing in the Platinum Lounge.

I always wanted to go there and check her out, but my loyalty to my Ranger buddy stopped me. Even though she was a stripper, she was still his ex-wife. As weird as it sounds, I felt like it would be wrong of me to go and look up her coochie.

The last time that I saw him he was at Bragg in the TA50 store with his new wife. She was like 16 years old, and she looked like he had bought her from her daddy up Dahlonega way for a fifth of 'shine.

I still remember my classmates from IOBC buying me a "lapdance" at the Traffic Light for my birthday. I had my hand halfway up that girl's snatch.

Good times.

:twisted:
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”