Marine PLC

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Kaius 89
Embryo

Marine PLC

Post by Kaius 89 »

Rangers,

I posted an introduction over the summer about my interest in the Regiment and how once I graduate from college that is the path I hope to take. Recently, I have been talking to a family friend who is an officer in the Marine Corps about the PLC program. This program would allow me to do 10 weeks of Officer Candidate school this summer (I will be between my Junior and Senior years of college) and then give me an entire year to decide whether or not I want to accept the commission. I feel as though It would be good training and help get me ready for a demanding military way of life, and It would not lock me down into a career in the Marines.

My question is, would my participation in this program, if I do not accept the commission at the end of my senior year, provide an obstacle in terms of me being able to enlist with an Option 40 contract once I graduate? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Marine PLC

Post by K.Ingraham »

My guess is what you need to find out is if the PLC would place you in a "prior service" catagory for enlistment purposes.
You could do a lot worse than to become an officer of Marines by the way. Keep an open mind.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Marine PLC

Post by panthersix »

My question is, would my participation in this program, if I do not accept the commission at the end of my senior year, provide an obstacle in terms of me being able to enlist with an Option 40 contract once I graduate?

You must meditate to delve deep into yourself to find the true answer....go deep into the woods, find a tree about two to three feet in diameter and then.....

Elevate your feet you fucking RETARD! An officer in the USMC = a Spec 4 in the Rangers.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “Recruitment Process”