A Ranger Concept of Humor

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

A Ranger Concept of Humor

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

A couple of months ago I found out about USARA and subsequently joined. i received a welcome from several of the USARA Officers and asked how I came to find out about the organization. Here was my response:

"I checked the website and saw someone I knew...Mike Ranger. He was one class behind me at Infantry Officer Advanced Course. A couple of my classmates and I were in the lower bar at the Officers Club when Mike walked in. One of my classmates knew Mike and asked him to join us. Mike was drinking beer in a bottle when a waitress was passing by and spilled a liquid on Mike. He reacted by feigning anger and broke his beer bottle over his knee. Got to admit I was totally shocked until my classmate and Mike started laughing. Joke was on those of us at the table that didn't know Mike had a prosthetic leg and knee. Sure hope my memory of the incident is right because it has given me quite a chuckle more than a few times over the years."

Upon hearing about my reply:

Mike Ranger wrote:

"Good to hear from you Al. You have a great memory! That is exactly what happened. I only pulled that stunt off a couple of time before it became known and didn't get the same reaction. I'll tell you about being a "dart board" which got even a bigger response. Basically, the idea was for someone to start throwing darts from across the bar at my right leg and see how long it would take for someone to react. You may not remember, I absolutely have no feeling at all in my left leg. The guy throwing the darts forgot which leg; he threw several at the back of my left leg. I had on white jeans at the time and was standing at the bar. He threw so many darts so hard that I was bleeding profusely and the entire back of my jeans were soaked in blood. First I knew there was an issue was when a gal fainted and fell to the floor. I didn't feel a thing and finished my beer.

Oh! Those were the good old days. Thought I'd give something to smile about today.

Best regards,

Mike Ranger"

I thought everyone might get a chuckle or maybe even a good belly laugh enjoying these moments from the past.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: A Ranger Concept of Humor

Post by K.Ingraham »

Excellent!
A relative once told me a similar story from WW2 Hawaii, where in a Marine with a prosthetic & his buds would stage fights that would culminate in someone planting a K-Bar into the wood & leather "leg" up to the hilt.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: A Ranger Concept of Humor

Post by Ranger Ron »

Great story, thanks so much for sharing it. Rangers Lead The Way in humor as well!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”