idiots Rule

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

idiots Rule

Post by RangerX »

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/educa ... terstitial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a strong urge to drive up there, find the jackass who came up with this policy and give them a knife to defend themselves. I will then take one of the districts schoolbooks and beat the shit out of them with it. to be fair, I will use a smaller school book, such as one covering Civil Liberties defended by the Bush Administration. I'll even let them have a bigger knife than a Cub Scout eatin' tool.

Then let's see if they ban books as weapons in school.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: idiots Rule

Post by Jim »

Tyranny by committee. Jesus wept!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Kind of like the Army, why "think" or use discretion when you can just point and say "it's policy"?

Making an actual decision means the possibility of making a mistake. When you have a career to build, you can't risk that. :roll:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

Wow. Did you just mention Bush administration defending civil liberties?
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

MSNBC video that updates us on this tale. The kid brought what looks like a standard Swiss Army knife to school and it looks like he is going to get 45 days in reform school. WTF?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 4#33289424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Jim wrote:MSNBC video that updates us on this tale. The kid brought what looks like a standard Swiss Army knife to school and it looks like he is going to get 45 days in reform school. WTF?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 4#33289424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see crap like this and want to slap the piss flaps off the dumb asses who use a hammer as the only tool. Zero tolerance = zero intelligence.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Jim wrote:MSNBC video that updates us on this tale. The kid brought what looks like a standard Swiss Army knife to school and it looks like he is going to get 45 days in reform school. WTF?
That is absolutely ridiculous! Watching the interview the mom and the young lad appear befuddled even now, as to why it was necessary to make this into a spectacle with her son at the center of the attention.

If it were a kirpan would the same have happened?
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Hung Low wrote:...Oops. Did I just say that out loud?
No problem. Id help you stack em like cord wood outside the door. I have NEVER allowed the Government, School Boards, or anyone else dictate discipline to my kids.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Zero tolerance has NEVER had a place...and it still does not...

Shit, when my redneck, hillbilly ass went to grade school, we couldn't bring a knive BIGGER THAN 4 inches to school...

now you can't bring a boy scout eating utensil into class with out being a fucking Hadji Terrorist?
WTF...

We used to make our own gun powder, and after that used the propellent from Estes Rockets, and blow all kinds of shit up....we almost killed our fun loving selves....but it wasn't terrorism back then...it was a bunch of red neck kids having too much time on their hands...thank God no one ever got hurt...but if they did...it was understood that the gene pool was a little deep for that person... jes sayin'...

fuck these fucking fucks.....it is a good thing my kids are over the age of bullshit...I would have to raise up a big can of whooopppppppaaaasssss....

sorry...jes me.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The scary part is that sometime in the future, we may have to rely on this nanny-fied generation to fight wars .....

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

RangerX wrote:The scary part is that sometime in the future, we may have to rely on this nanny-fied generation to fight wars .....
Ranger X, that is a very good point, and I hope and pray that various levels of government will not take away individuals abilities to use their brains, yes there will always be bad element but to squash the good element along with the bad by implementing zero tolerance THAT is not the answer.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Update-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091014/ap_ ... erance_boy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So the school board caves when the angry mob shows up with torches & pitchforks, and the parents are actually going to send their kid back to this wussy indoctrination center.

This kid is doomed. I can only hope he is instilled with some cajones while in the Scouts..... :evil:

& they can't understand why home schooling is so popular these days.....

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

If bureaucratic, brain dead fascists make these types of decisions regarding a little kid at school, just wait until you need them to approve a CAT scan for a dying family member.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “The Mosh Pit”