Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by RANGER513 »

Kinda weak intro, wildman.

Your a college student with one year to go. O.K. Big deal.

Tell us more about yourself. WHY do you want to become a U.S. Army Ranger ? How is your P.T. ? What are you doing in college to prepare yourself for the toughest training the military has to offer ?

Tighten up your shot group wildman and read the information provided on this site. The ' search button ' can be your friend.

And most important, NEVER QUIT !!! Ya might hear those words again.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

tmax1014 wrote:Ranger 513,

Up to the end of this year I had planned on using my degree in hotel management in a civilian life with plans to make lots of money. I completed this year and realized that what I was doing was not something that gave me the satisfaction in life that I want. I then looked to the military as a career choice. I have always loved military history growing up. My father served in Vietnam.

I want to become a Ranger because of the kind of soldier that the Ranger is. One that brings the fight to its enemies 150%, one that will not quit no matter the circumstance, and one that embodies the highest standard that all soldiers should strive to be (tab or no tab)!

I have never challenged myself in a way that would even come close to measuring up to this. I have found I new motivation in the thought of one day wearing that black and gold tab! I am counting the days to my graduation so I can begin my journey to become a ranger!

As for my PT, there is definite room for improvement!! I looked over this site and others and devised a strategy for progress. My 2 mile is a pitiful 17:05, 50 push ups, 65 sit ups, 6 overhand dead hang pull ups. I have not yet completed a 5 mile run. I have already been rucking and I can keep a 15 min mile pace with a 45 pound ALLICE. My feet are getting conditioned pretty well. I discovered Ranger Silverback's Push up Improvement regimen, and I am beginning to employ that in my PT.

Thank for the words of advice Ranger 513. Heard and understood.

Mmmmm, not bad, wildman. Not bad.

First off, if your father was in Vietnam, tell him ( respectfully of course ) to get his butt on here ! We welcome Warriors from ALL units on here.

You have ALOT of work to do on your P.T. Guess it all comes down to how bad do you want that Scroll on your shoulder ????

Only YOU can answer that question.

( And F.Y.I., the Ranger Tab is a award.......the Scroll is a way of life. Ya might hear that again someday. )

We are here to help you. Read, use the Search Button, constantly strive to improve your P.T., and most important NEVER QUIT !!!!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Direct commission are rare and only granted to men who have proven themselves. You have no hope for that at this point. You could exlplore the option to enlist with an OCS contract. Your recruiter should be able to provide you with current information about this. Also, do a google for the Army OCS site.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

Your option for commission is OCS. One of my classmates at OCS made the E-8 list and jumped on Panama as a PFC, not to mention his career following. He had to attend OCS and IOBC to become an 11A.

I have met one direct commission. He was an 18D with 14 years of service and he direct commissioned into the Medical Service Corps after completing the Army PA program.
RS Class 06-06
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

Ranger Bill wrote: Also, do a google for the Army OCS site.
I moderate there under the same screen name, I'll point the young man in the right direction.
RS Class 06-06
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com young man. Best of luck on your journey to serve our great country.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

tmax1014 wrote:Thank you Rangers.

I think I am going to take the enlisted route. My uncle has told me stories about how is NCOs were some of the greatest men he ever knew, how that saying about NCOs being the backbone of the military is true. This was my initial plan but my dad has been pressuring me to commission. While it is something that I would like to eventually do, I would like the chance to serve as an NCOs and do my best at continuing that legacy.

Respectfully,
-Tyler
The best Officers I've ever had the opportunity to serve with, were NCO's first.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”