Seeking input regarding prep for Army

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Seeking input regarding prep for Army

Post by Praetorian »

I am also a member of other SF/Ranger boards and have looked over various workout plans, PT plans, etc. I am not looking for someone to sit here and write me a plan, what I am seeking is any type of help regarding my prepartion for boot camp and eventually military willing RIP and Ranger School.

Quick background for those who have not seen my intro, I am 25years old, I currently work for Lockheed Martin and I am a college graduate with a bachelors in Criminal Justice and a Minor in Computer Science. I also competed in D2 Lacrosse and TripleA Hockey throughout my college career, I currently train/compete in Mixed Martial Arts (Including Boxing, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA as a sport) and have been for the past 2 years.

I am leaving Lockheed Martin in 4months to join the military, that timeframe is set in stone seeing as I have contract work currently for the next 4months.

Current times:

2mile - 12:50
Pushups 1min - 71
500meter swim - 8min 30sec (1,000 meter 17min 34sec)
Situps 1min - Untimed as of yet
Pullups - 12+
25meter underwater - complete (I am aiming for 50meter)

Current Workout Schedule and Distances

Monday - Weight lifting (Chest), Swimming(1,000 meter swim increasing everyday and also underwater drills to reach the 50meter underwater goal), Running (3miles increasing everyday), Pushup/Situp drills 30sec burnouts 3 sets

Tuesday - Weight lifting (Back), Mixed Martial Arts 6:30pm-9:30pm (including high intesity cardio, boxing, BJJ and live rolling/sparring).

Wednesday - Weight lifting (Shoulders), Swimming, Running, once a month rucking 4miles, Pushup/situp drills

Thursday - Weight lifting (Legs), Mixed Martial Arts 6:30pm-9:30pm

Friday - Typically off, maybe light swimming and/or AirSoft 6pm-midnight

Saturday - AirSoft, Rucking (Going to be the largest ruck day, 8miles, 12miles etc)

Sunday - Rucking, Pushup/Situp drills

So far that is my plan, I JUST started rucking and have not completed a 12mile ruck. My first goal is to get my 4mile ruck under 1hour, core work and pushups are also covered during MMA as we do alot of pushups,ab work but I also take time after other training activties so that I can perform above the required pushups/situps/etc after I've already smoked myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Re: Seeking input regarding prep for Army

Post by Rangerguru »

Go to the physical fitness section and read a lot. There are plenty of workouts already on there.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Hold on there big guy. You are all over the place. Stop posting and look at your introduction thread. Read more and post less.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

My bad, your fault. I didn't see where this was posted. You're already in the right section. Read on and find what you think will work for you. Nobody knows you better than you, so try different things out and see what works the best. Devising a workout plan for somebody that you've never met in person is like going on a date with a chick that you met on the internet. There's an extremely high probability that it's not going to be the right thing to do.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Post by Praetorian »

Will not happen again, I will continue to read over the PT guidance and info located on this site.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

MichaelWhitby wrote:Will not happen again, I will continue to read over the PT guidance and info located on this site.

Just a quick note, make sure to address each individual who has "Ranger" under their name as "Ranger".
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
kbrock
Embryo

Post by kbrock »

Praetorian,

PM on the way
RANGER513 Mentee

"In order to possess what you do not possess, you must go by way of dispossession. And what you do not know is the only thing you know." T.S. Elliot

Return to “About Army Physical Training”