Mr. Darrell Powers

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RANGER513
Ranger

Mr. Darrell Powers

Post by RANGER513 »

So how many of you know Mr. Darrell " Shifty " Powers ?

Sadly, I didn't. But I would have given almost anything to know the man.

Mr. Powers passed away this year on June 17th. There was no 24 / 7 round-the-clock media coverage, no parades, no big event at the Staples Center, no weeping fans on T.V., and no mention of his passing on any network........and it makes me damn mad.

Mr. Darrell Powers volunteered for the airborne in W.W. II and served with Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, part of the 101st Airborne Infantry. Ever watch Band of Brothers ? His character appears in all 10 episodes, and Mr. Powers is interviewed in several of them.

Mr. Powers made the jump into Normady on D-Day. He also made a second jump into Holland.

A true Amercian hero in my eyes.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Powers.

< HAND SAULTE >
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Mr. Darrell Powers

Post by rgrpuck »

I got to meet shifty powers at an historical presentation I was asked to help with in Va.

I struck me as a very soft spoken man that was a little confused at times as to why everyone made a big deal about how he did a job.

He picked up my M1 Garand and told me what his zero was ....and how he converted a few to full auto fire.

A true hero and warrior.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

For those who missed it:
http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=48805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

May he Rest In Peace

~S~
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “The News Dump”