Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Kaius 89
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Kaius 89 »

Rangers,

My name is Kaius, I am 20 years old and this fall will be entering my junior year at Union College in Schenectady, NY.

I have been interested in the military ever since I was a little kid, and especially since the 9/11 attacks. During my senior year of high school, I came thisclose to joining the Marine Corps as an infantryman. My parents were able to talk me into attending college, and after alot of arguments I relented, although I think I made the right decision. A college education is something I'd rather bang out now and not have to worry about later.

My interest in the military has only grown stronger since then, and I have come particularly interested in serving in a Special Operations unit. After doing alot of research over the past two years I realized I want more than anything in the world to be an Airborne Ranger. I have always wanted to be an infantryman, and I believe that by becoming a Ranger I would receive the best training, be able to go on high speed missions and be part of something much, much greater than myself.

I am still planning on finishing school, so it'll be quite some time before I sign any papers joining the Army, but I figured it is never too early to start gathering intel and getting ready for something as important as this. The idea of somehow not making it through RIP and going unassigned worldwide scares the hell out of me, and hopefully this will only further my resolve to never quit when and If I am given the opportunity to attend RIP.

I woke up this morning and self-administered a PT test with the following results:

2 mile Run- 12:28
2 minute Situps- 94
2 minute pushups- 63

Overall this is a score of 289. I definitely need work on my pushups. I am starting to do more body weight workouts rather than just lifting all the time, and my goal is to score a 300 on the test within a month. Thanks for your time, and I will continue working out as hard as I can and reading up to prepare myself mentally.
loganp
Egg

Re: Introduction

Post by loganp »

Kaius,
Nice scores. I will leave forum ROE to the Rangers but if you have any questions, especially ones that are not worth setting up a thread for, please pm me. I'm in a very similar position to the one you are in.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Kaius.

I have sent you ROE in a PM.

loganp, you will refrain from dispensing advice, that why we have many Rangers ready to help.

Your post should have been a PM to Kaius.
I do not want an apology from you, do not come forward to post in someone elses intro unless a Ranger directs you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal here to help you on your journey.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Welcome here, wildman. Not a bad intro.

Tons of extremely valuable information on here. If you aspire to become a U.S. Army Airborne Ranger, you have started at the correct place.

Read. Learn. Work on those P.T. scores, wrap up your college, and focus on your path.

TWO words: NEVER QUIT !

You will hear them again.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Kaius 89
Embryo

Post by Kaius 89 »

I posted this in the "Recruitment process" section and was not sure if that was the correct spot for it, so I figured I would give it a shot and post this again here:

Rangers,

I posted an introduction over the summer about my interest in the Regiment and how once I graduate from college that is the path I hope to take. Recently, I have been talking to a family friend who is an officer in the Marine Corps about the PLC program. This program would allow me to do 10 weeks of Officer Candidate school this summer (I will be between my Junior and Senior years of college) and then give me an entire year to decide whether or not I want to accept the commission. I feel as though It would be good training and help get me ready for a demanding military way of life, and It would not lock me down into a career in the Marines.

My question is, would my participation in this program, if I do not accept the commission at the end of my senior year, provide an obstacle in terms of me being able to enlist with an Option 40 contract once I graduate? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Return to “Introduction Archive”