What type of leader are you?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

reaper96
Ranger

Post by reaper96 »

Fishboy wrote:Napoleon Bonaparte

Biography:
Napoleon Bonaparte was one of the greatest military geniuses of all time and a colossal political figure.

Well that about sums it up! 8)
X2
Master K9 Instructor
Class 07-03
Ranger:
keeper, guardian, or soldier who ranges over a region to protect the area or enforce the law
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Wesley Clark

Post by Disinfertention »

cback0220 wrote:Wesley Clark

Graduating from West Point at the head of his class, Wes Clark has achieved success throughout his military career. He served in Vietnam; was a key negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords; and was head of the U.S. European Command. Clark was an Armor Officer who commanded at every level from company to division. As Supreme Allied Commander of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, he led the 19-member alliance to victory in Kosovo — NATO's longest and most difficult military campaign.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

OMAR BRADLEY
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Re: What type of leader are you?

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Ok I'm bumping this thread.... it's only 2 1/2 years old, wanted to see what leadership style I'd be given:
Wesley Clark

Biography:
Graduating from West Point at the head of his class, Wes Clark has achieved success throughout his military career. He served in Vietnam; was a key negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords; and was head of the U.S. European Command. Clark was an Armor Officer who commanded at every level from company to division. As Supreme Allied Commander of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, he led the 19-member alliance to victory in Kosovo — NATO's longest and most difficult military campaign.

Leadership Attributes:
Clark has had a distinguished military career. As Commander-in-Chief, United States Southern Command, Panama, he directed all U.S. forces in Latin America and the Caribbean. As the Director, Strategic Plans and Policy, J5, the Joint Staff, he was the staff officer responsible for U.S. military strategic planning. Clark is also known for considerable diplomatic prowess — he was chiefly responsible for holding together the 19-member NATO alliance in Kosovo. He was also the lead military negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords that brought the war in the former Yugoslavia to a halt.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
39mto39g
Tadpole

Post by 39mto39g »

William C. Westmoreland!

Although I would not have done any of those things in the answers. I just picked the least wrong answer.

Ron
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

William Tecumseh Sherman!
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re:

Post by RRDTm3 »

Bugsy wrote:Robert E. Lee

Traitor
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

TR here.
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Re:

Post by rgrokelley »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Bugsy wrote:Robert E. Lee

Traitor
Not to his country
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Sheesh. I got the sailor; J.P.Jones.
At least he set the stage for one of the great comebacks of history:

"I have not yet begun to fight!" says he.

Says the sailor on the deck below: "Then Sir, you'd bloody well better start because the ship has about fucking had it!"
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

General George Patton.

First question was tricky. I see being amongst your troops as one of the most important traits of a good leader, but if I'm new to the unit and about to lead a major assault, I'd want to personally over see the planning to make sure it isn't going to FUBAR'd.

The troops can have all the confidence in me in the world, but if the people that I do not yet have a feel for but delegated the planning to screw it up, the mission is going to be a disaster.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Omar Bradley
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “The Mosh Pit”