New guy sets me straight

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

centermass wrote:Yup.

He was on here when I bumped this and 5 minutes later.....*poof*

he disappeared.
He sent the required information to Steadfast last night.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Silverback wrote:
centermass wrote:Yup.

He was on here when I bumped this and 5 minutes later.....*poof*

he disappeared.
He sent the required information to Steadfast last night.
Yeah, but he still went *poof*

:lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
battleforcebulldog
Ranger

Post by battleforcebulldog »

Okay I give up what to BUMP and POOF mean.
RS 5-92, 327th Infantry May 92 to Jun 95. 100% civilian ever since.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

battleforcebulldog wrote:Okay I give up what to BUMP and POOF mean.
eh.... don't worry about it. It's an 'inside' joke :wink: :lol:
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

battleforcebulldog wrote:Okay I give up what to BUMP and POOF mean.
Bump just moves a thread back to the top of the sub forum so it doesn’t get lost. POOf means he thought you hauled ass.

Since your new here some back story is Bubbas second or third post on the forum was to bust out a poser. The guy seemed legit and it caused some grief until Bubba was proven right. This was back when the forum was small and the thought of someone lying about being a Ranger hadn’t really occurred to any of the actual Rangers on the site. Now we have our vetting process and the questions that get sent out to all those that claim time in the Ranger Bats or Ranger School.

It sounds like you sent the answers back to Stead, they will check them and if you get the green light then you will get a full set of keys to the place. If your shit doesn’t check out you get the boot.
:D
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Actully means one is takin at face value..... not me, not you....not even Cliv....

Everyone gets a background check.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

rgrpuck wrote:Actully means one is takin at face value..... not me, not you....not even Cliv....

Now that is Fuckin funny 8)
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Charlie 51 wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:Actually means one is takin at face value..... not me, not you....not even Cliv....

Now that is Fuckin funny 8)
maybe so Charlie51, but true!!!!

Call us Charlie51, Ranger Bill & I have arrived in KC, MO. several hours ago. You got our info.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
The Old Guy
Ranger

Re: Purdy LZ

Post by The Old Guy »

battleforcebulldog wrote:Is Purdy LZ an LZ that used to be known as Ledo DZ?

In RS class 3-92 they had high winds on the DZ (Ledo DZ) and some of the experienced jumpers were complaining on the DZ. Purdy came back to the PZ and was yelling about how big of pussies we were. He proceeds to put on a chute and jump. After the jump he came back with a huge limp, still telling everybody what pussies we were. That was an eye opener.

On my jump later that day, my 6th one, I landed in the trees with a sprained ankle. It also landed me as the 4th RTB CQ for a couple of days. There I got to listen to CSM Purdy a lot. He was able to mix in some great concise "how to train" advice with his "countries we should nuke" opinions. The Army back then needed more CSM Purdys.
To answer the question.

No Purdy and Ledo at two distinctly different pieces of terrain a significant distance apart. Purdy is a HLZ only and was named in honor of CSM Donald Purdy.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Purdy LZ

Post by Silverback »

The Old Guy wrote:
battleforcebulldog wrote:Is Purdy LZ an LZ that used to be known as Ledo DZ?

In RS class 3-92 they had high winds on the DZ (Ledo DZ) and some of the experienced jumpers were complaining on the DZ. Purdy came back to the PZ and was yelling about how big of pussies we were. He proceeds to put on a chute and jump. After the jump he came back with a huge limp, still telling everybody what pussies we were. That was an eye opener.

On my jump later that day, my 6th one, I landed in the trees with a sprained ankle. It also landed me as the 4th RTB CQ for a couple of days. There I got to listen to CSM Purdy a lot. He was able to mix in some great concise "how to train" advice with his "countries we should nuke" opinions. The Army back then needed more CSM Purdys.
To answer the question.

No Purdy and Ledo at two distinctly different pieces of terrain a significant distance apart. Purdy is a HLZ only and was named in honor of CSM Donald Purdy.
We should have an award for guys who bump ancient threads!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
The Old Guy
Ranger

Re: New guy sets me straight

Post by The Old Guy »

I want it, give it to me!
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”