Prior Service and AIT

Basic & AIT
Ron Burgundy
USMC Veteran

Prior Service and AIT

Post by Ron Burgundy »

I hate to ask this but I couldn't find the info through searching this site. Searching the internet yielded answers that were contradictary to other answers.

I am a prior service Marine. The recruiter told me I would go to Warrior Transition Course and then AIT. For Infantry would I enter OSUT at the 9th week? The recruiter also said I would lose one rank but I have read that a Human Resources person would review the Prior Service members records and make a determination. If anyone has any knowledge to share on these questions, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cpl
USMC
5942 Aviation Radar Repairman
1996-2000
Ron Burgundy
USMC Veteran

Re: Prior Service and AIT

Post by Ron Burgundy »

I have received an answer to this question. I will post it, in case anyone is interested. For rank, would need to have a waiver to retain last rank held. For prior service going through Warrior Transition Course and then an AIT that is part of a OSUT, the prior service will join the OSUT after the Basic portion.

Thank you
Cpl
USMC
5942 Aviation Radar Repairman
1996-2000
kerka
Embryo

Re: Prior Service and AIT

Post by kerka »

My brother went through his warrior transition course in White Sands, New Mexico and then joined his One Station Unit Training after the first 9 weeks to begin his AIT, therefor I would agree that your information is fairly accurate.

Good luck

Return to “About OSUT”