Burris Scopes?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
dbmtrman
Ranger

Re: Burris Scopes?

Post by dbmtrman »

If you stay with Burris, for $40 bucks more, get the 6-24 power. A burris is going to be about 600 less then the comparable Leupold Mk V- Tactical, which is also an excellent choice. Mortgage the house and get the Schmidt & Bender, for about $3K.lol When it comes to a long gun, any extra money you have to put towards the gun, should be the optics. Although remembering your marksmenship skills Norm. Better stick with the hand granades and claymores.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

Hey, being an RTO got me into Ranger School quicker then normal. I went to Sniper MTT as well. We didn't get to do much Sniper training back then. Cpt. Morehouse had us in the field doing Movement to Contact live fires every week.

The illuminated reticle is nice. I'd see if you can try somebody's just to see if you like it or need it. My experience has been that you are able to gather plenty of light, with just the scope, and haven't had a problem finding the reticle. Of course most of the time I deploy it at night, in a city with plenty of ambient light. If I was out in the woods, might be a little bit different. We had had 4.5-10 power leupolds and I couldn't believe how much nicer it was, when we upgraded to 20 power scopes. Its like buying a new flat screen, the more you start looking the more confusing it is, with so many different options.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Schmidt and Bender...EXCELLENT glass. Next, Swarovski (like the one on my Ar-10T) I
Ive tried a dozen or so out. Im pretty partial to high dollar glass for several reasons. Eye relief, light gathering, paralax, and clearness. Leao's, and others do an OK job and will do what you want. But the difference in glass is as apparant as the difference in watches. An M-1 A1 military watch works ok but a Rolex works fucking great.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

I know that unicorn picture came from your personal collection Norm. I forget sometimes when it comes to this stuff. I'm so used to getting the dept. to buy everything. I haven't bought a box of ammo in 19 years. If I were going to spend my 'own' money, I'd go with the Burris. i'd still go for the 6-24 power though.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Starting to shop around for long gun optics for my near future (hopefully) purchase.

Looking at the Xtreme TActical 3 X 12 X - 50mm

Any input?
What exactly are you scoping, the M1A1 ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

I like http://www.horusvision.com/scopes.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have not bought one, but have shot it.........sweeeeeet.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Caruthers wrote:I like http://www.horusvision.com/scopes.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have not bought one, but have shot it.........sweeeeeet.
Which model ? The Hawk is priced very well.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Predator...........it was a damn fine scope to shoot on a 22/250..........calling varmints up at dusk and with a red lens later that night.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz

Return to “Weapons of War”