Are all Rangers trained in infantry tactics?

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
ninjaman
Tadpole

Are all Rangers trained in infantry tactics?

Post by ninjaman »

I'm sorry if this question has been asked here before.

Anyway, suppose someone went into the regiment as a medic, forard observer, etc. (non-combat arms MOS), would they be trained in the same infantry/combat tactics that all the combat arms Rangers are?
Romans 3:23-25

" 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Are all Rangers trained in infantry tactics?

Post by K.Ingraham »

Yes, otherwise they wouldn't be able to function as a team.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

ninjaman wrote:I'm sorry if this question has been asked here before.

Anyway, suppose someone went into the regiment as a medic, forard observer, etc. (non-combat arms MOS), would they be trained in the same infantry/combat tactics that all the combat arms Rangers are?
Ummmm, FYI. FO's are a Combat Arms MOS, so are medics. They are "Low Density" jobs.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Bravo57 wrote:
ninjaman wrote:I'm sorry if this question has been asked here before.

Ummmm, FYI. FO's are a Combat Arms MOS, so are medics. They are "Low Density" jobs.

Silly......FO's, Medics...et al....

are NOT combat MOS 's....they don't really do a thing in combat...shit...they are just "in the rear with the gear"......kinda "guardians in the sand" so to speak.....

LOOK DOWN.....

(anyone that believes that shit can eat a really big turd sammich....and I will feed it to you!!!)

FO's actually can save your life, or hook you up Dep. on the Mission....
Combat Medics WILL save your life AND hook you up REGARDLESS of the mission...

Where the fuck did this ass hat question come from?!?

WOW...just fucking WOW....

post edited by Admin - PM sent.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

ninjaman.... you don't deserve the name, unless you're a mall ninja. your Google-Fu SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. seriously.

search. it's a function here. you should try it some time. and no, I don't want a reply.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Only every 5th Ranger is trained in infantry tactics, however, they come out of the plane so fast that it appears that they are all infantry trained.....dumbass.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

panthersix wrote:Only every 5th Ranger is trained in infantry tactics, however, they come out of the plane so fast that it appears that they are all infantry trained.....dumbass.
That's fucking funny. :lol: :lol:
It's all good.
ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

I apologize for whatever I said/did to offend the Rangers on this board.

24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Tater Nuts wrote:
Hung Low wrote: At the very least, whenever I could I always let everyone now where we were at. All FO's always had a map. Dunno what its like know, but not everyone got one when I was in. I assume everyones got a GPS now. Missions for me were endless inquiries of our location by the squaddies, mainly 'cause they wanted to know how much further we had to walk.
I remember we were among the first to get the first "hand-held" GPS's too. They were about as big as a pull-out car stereo.
:lol: being fdc and carrying a map and constantly looking at it as we humped to OP4 from every concievable direction to see how much further served me well in land nav at Ranger school as a PFC with no PreRanger. :lol:
You didn't miss anything by not doing HAAF Pre-Ranger other than getting the crap PT'd outta ya twice a day....it sucked... :?
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

ninjaman wrote:I apologize for whatever I said/did to offend the Rangers on this board.
I wasn't offended...why did you think that I was? Are you Emo?
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

. wrote:Ninjaman, why do you want to know?
I wish to know, Ranger ., because I want to know if I joined the Regiment as a medic, FO, etc. if I would still be able to learn the same tactics that the infantry get to learn, or if that is reserved for infantry Rangers.

panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

ninjaman wrote:
. wrote:Ninjaman, why do you want to know?
I wish to know, Ranger ., because I want to know if I joined the Regiment as a medic, FO, etc. if I would still be able to learn the same tactics that the infantry get to learn, or if that is reserved for infantry Rangers.
I joined the Rangers as a medic and after RIP I could beat off equally well using either hand while road marching or fighting TIGERS! Because in RIP you FIGHT TIGERS!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “Special Operations Training”