President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

Post by Steadfast »

The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20090316/p ... _treatment

To: POLITICAL EDITORS

Contact: Craig Roberts of The American Legion, +1-202-263-2982 Office, +1-202-406-0887 Cell

WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."

The Commander, clearly angered as he emerged from the session said, "This reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate ' to care for him who shall have borne the battle' given that the United States government sent members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies. I say again that The American Legion does not and will not support any plan that seeks to bill a veteran for treatment of a service connected disability at the very agency that was created to treat the unique need of America's veterans!"

rest of the story
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Are you fucking kidding me???????? He will dole out hundreds of millions to welfare fucktards but wants to dodge paying for vets? Perfect....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

CHANGE we can believe in.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

It's politics, you have to cater to the people that will vote for you.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Another step towards socialized medicine. Acts such as this will bankrupt insurance companies, insuring that only Nanny Gummint will cure what ails you. As long as you aren't.....too sick.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

RangerX wrote:Another step towards socialized medicine.

I have socialized medicine
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

This plan will ensure that insurance companies will have to substantially raise rates on Veterans and that employers will not want to hire Veterans because of increased health care costs. Obama and company better come to their senses and do a real quick about face on this. There are about 24 million Veterans in our country and other than Shinseski, I don't think many will stand for this.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Ranger Bill wrote:This plan will ensure that insurance companies will have to substantially raise rates on Veterans and that employers will not want to hire Veterans because of increased health care costs. Obama and company better come to their senses and do a real quick about face on this. There are about 24 million Veterans in our country and other than Shinseski, I don't think many will stand for this.
Veterans would be put into to highest 'risk' category and the cost to the individual would also be the highest possible. :evil:

What's next, do away with the GI bill and Voc Rehab?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

http://armedservices.house.gov/list_of_members.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://armed-services.senate.gov/members.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would suggest we start writing ....

Of course I will be burning out my spell check.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RRDTm3 wrote:
RangerX wrote:Another step towards socialized medicine.

I have socialized medicine
Exactly my point!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rugger
Ranger

Post by Rugger »

Appaling.
A 3/75 86-88 Ranger Class 12-87
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

rgrpuck wrote:http://armedservices.house.gov/list_of_members.shtml

http://armed-services.senate.gov/members.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would suggest we start writing ....

Of course I will be burning out my spell check.
....writing as in mailing it the old fashoned way with a stamp. Thats the only way anyone will pay attention.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

. wrote:
Based on the comments of Senators at last week's hearings, there appears to be little chance that the Administration will be successful in implementing the change in the way veterans are billed for their care. But the fact that the Administration stood by the idea in its meeting with veterans groups is troubling.
Click for link
Same story, different website.

I'm not worried about this passing, but I am pissed that my CDR in Chief thinks he can send me into harms way then expect me to pay for any injuries I get while carrying out his dirty work.
No, it won't pass, but it makes me sick to think that anyone would even suggest it. How in the world can those damn liberals consider this when they want to give a BILLIONSSSS dollar free ride to millions of illegals!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RangerX wrote:Another step towards socialized medicine. Acts such as this will bankrupt insurance companies, insuring that only Nanny Gummint will cure what ails you. As long as you aren't.....too sick.

Agreed. Force the insurance companies to take on the ongoing care of the wounded hero's, and bankrupt them...then bail them out (read as make them govt. owned) and voila...

socialized healthcare, without even having to outlaw it...

Genius...pure fucking genius...

BTW anyone else hear of the $79 a month doctor? Gubment tells him he can't do it or they will throw him in jail? It's a commin....da change it is a commin.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Joeboo
USAF Veteran

Post by Joeboo »

On this board, I am surprised to be the first to suggest this, but one word Gents, DRAFT! Maybe I am just the first to say it?

Seems to have pretty clear intent to me, my only surprise resides in how blatant their attitude is, especially in a time of war when we have so many wounded with serious long term, if not lifetime needs.

In my opinion the impact that this will have on the insurance industry is a diversion from the true intent of the action. It has obvious mutual benefits toward the aim of socialized medicine but considering that Tri-care is insulated by a firewall of service the military/veterans medical system would stand somewhat separate from changes made within civilian industry, at least initially anyway.

Re/Enlistment rates will plummet as soldiering will be such a liability to the individual regardless of their desire to serve. Again, just my opinion, but the general aim of this announcement in my view is about as obvious a shot across the bow as one could take.
Consensus is the absence of leadership - Margret Thatcher

Return to “The News Dump”