Moderator: Site Admin

ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Re: Best Sapper competition

Post by ma91c1an »

ma91c1an wrote:
LastHardSapper wrote:
So women can go?

I guess the response to "it's just like Ranger school" can be answered with "yes, except at Ranger school you have to have balls"
Hmmm.

I think that I need to incorporate this little tidbit onto the Wiki Sapper page.

:)
Done.

:)
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Oto-Man wrote:
rangertough wrote:I'm actually on the hook to help teach a "Pre-Sapper" program at AT this year. I'm to teach Patroling and rappelling. I offered to help teach demo but was turned down (I guess the fact that I've rigged actual breaching charges precludes me from teaching it), darn. We have two sappers in my section (E6-E5) both were saying how hard sapper was "It's just like Ranger School except more technical and intense." I'm tempted to train up and go just so I can opt not to wear the tab when I get back.

Tough
Pre-Sapper...hmmm??? Tough, how long do you have em? 3 hours, or a week? Reason is, If you have 'em for a while, teach rappelling day 1 and 2...and then give 'em a 5 day, 22hrs a day, 1 MRE a day, Arty sim, break contact every 45 min, party...change leadership positions every 2 hours...just for shits and giggles.

And the follow up post will be USELESS with out some video!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
HAHAHAHAHA>>>>>(GASP)..............HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
(silence)
There's not a snowballs chance in hell the unit will let me do it up right. However I will get vids and pics and excerpt from the patrol log I'm going to be writing daily. I hate the pussies that I work with. That is a rant for another day.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

LastHardSapper wrote:Yup women can go. That's how I got my board name a couple years ago (compliments of SB). SB was kind enough to put an Army Times photo of some chick with a Sapper tab on the boards here. I was ashamed to say I had attended the course......We do have a new president, I'll bet if someone of the female gender asked him real nice he'd let her go to Ranger School. :wink:
Don't sweat it dude. We ever gonna meet for lunch or something, since we both work on FLW?
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
pzpos360

Post by pzpos360 »

The whole Army is "feel good" now. I went to Sapper school a month after Ranger school before there was a Sapper tab. As a young E-4 it was an excellent course taught by extremely professional NCOs. The 307th Engineers used to send Soldiers to it like a JRTC rotation, I attended with several guys who had successfully completed the course 3 times before.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

pzpos360 wrote:The whole Army is "feel good" now. I went to Sapper school a month after Ranger school before there was a Sapper tab. As a young E-4 it was an excellent course taught by extremely professional NCOs. The 307th Engineers used to send Soldiers to it like a JRTC rotation, I attended with several guys who had successfully completed the course 3 times before.
Yep it is feel good....it "feels good" to get blown the fuck up by an IED.....it "feels fucking great" to be looking at the second year in the last three down range.....It "feels good" to watch another, 20 something kid with 4 years and 2 deployments, family implode. It is awsome to know that I get the honor of missing my sons baseball games ....this birthday ...and christmas one more time.

Yep the Army is nothing but a feel good place were well all slap each other on the back and award each other little bits of ribbon Not like back when it was hard when Bosnia was the big game.

you know what really feels good? saluteing a rifle with a helmet on it .....

If I sound like I am bitchin......

Fuck you Pzpos.

I feel great.

:roll:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

rgrpuck wrote:
pzpos360 wrote:The whole Army is "feel good" now. I went to Sapper school a month after Ranger school before there was a Sapper tab. As a young E-4 it was an excellent course taught by extremely professional NCOs. The 307th Engineers used to send Soldiers to it like a JRTC rotation, I attended with several guys who had successfully completed the course 3 times before.
Yep it is feel good....it "feels good" to get blown the fuck up by an IED.....it "feels fucking great" to be looking at the second year in the last three down range.....It "feels good" to watch another, 20 something kid with 4 years and 2 deployments, family implode. It is awsome to know that I get the honor of missing my sons baseball games ....this birthday ...and christmas one more time.

Yep the Army is nothing but a feel good place were well all slap each other on the back and award each other little bits of ribbon Not like back when it was hard when Bosnia was the big game.

fuck you Pzpos.

I feel great.
That puts it in the proper perspective... As a FOG, I envy our soldiers of today and at the same time do not envy them. I salute them all, including the REMFs.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

LastHardSapper wrote:
42L5V wrote:
LastHardSapper wrote:Yup women can go. That's how I got my board name a couple years ago (compliments of SB). SB was kind enough to put an Army Times photo of some chick with a Sapper tab on the boards here. I was ashamed to say I had attended the course......We do have a new president, I'll bet if someone of the female gender asked him real nice he'd let her go to Ranger School. :wink:
Don't sweat it dude. We ever gonna meet for lunch or something, since we both work on FLW?
Sounds good, except I work down at the High School now teaching JROTC. I'm not in the GS system anymore, they moved my BDE to Chicago so I went down to the High School to do the JROTC gig. Great job if any of you guys getting ready to retire don't have any career plans yet.
I would love to get a JROTC job...nothing available though
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

LastHardSapper wrote:SB,
There's tons of JROTC jobs although they may not be where you want to settle. If you don't already know you can go to usarmyjrotc.com and click on Instructor then vacancies and there is a worldwide listing of job openings. It changes frequently so keep an eye out. I assume you got certified to teach prior to retiring, if not you can go to the same website and get certified. Its a great job though, wear the uniform everyday, do PT, I coach the Drill and Raider Teams. Hell I'm building my own little Army here.....shhhhhhhh I can't say that too loud :)

There are "jobs" available near where I live, but the reason they are open is because of the locations.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
pzpos360

Post by pzpos360 »

rgrpuck wrote:

fuck you Pzpos.

I feel great.

:shock: CSM, I apologize if I offended you somehow. It was not my intention to belittle the enormous task our Army and military has in these times. I understand the sacrifice of deploying for not only the Soldier but the family members as well. I just completed my third twelve month deployment in eight years, I am married and have a family. I was not talking about deployments, I was talking about comments like:

“When asked if it was hard, they said that it was just like Ranger School except that you could sleep and eat. They said other than those two things that it was JUST LIKE RANGER SCHOOL.”

Or

“We have two sappers in my section (E6-E5) both were saying how hard sapper was "It's just like Ranger School except more technical and intense."”

Or

“I think they spend about two weeks learning different ways of convincing people that they are the engineer equivalent of Rangers except that they have to hump a bigger ruck and breach all the obstacles before the Rangers even get there.”

All I am saying is why can’t Soldiers just be happy with what they have done instead of trying to compare it to something it is not.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

pzpos360 wrote: “When asked if it was hard, they said that it was just like Ranger School except that you could sleep and eat. They said other than those two things that it was JUST LIKE RANGER SCHOOL.”

Or

“We have two sappers in my section (E6-E5) both were saying how hard sapper was "It's just like Ranger School except more technical and intense."”

Or

“I think they spend about two weeks learning different ways of convincing people that they are the engineer equivalent of Rangers except that they have to hump a bigger ruck and breach all the obstacles before the Rangers even get there.”

All I am saying is why can’t Soldiers just be happy with what they have done instead of trying to compare it to something it is not.
If they aren't Ranger qualified then they have no clue and tell them to STFU. If they are Ranger qualified pull their tab off of the ACUs stick it to a Baseball bat and beat them with it.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

rgrpuck wrote:

fuck you Pzpos.

I feel great.
Holy shit, Puckster...you sitting around listening to Willie Music while you drink some Jack typing this? Your meaning is OK all by itself and needs no explanation however, think you took Pzos out of context. The man was just elaborating on The Sapper Tab, and the Army in general trying to make everyone feel elite. Master Gunner School, Sapper Course, Scout Swimmer, ect, ect, ect...you name it...people tend to compare it to what is known as tough for relation sake. Of course, some would really WANT these things to be as renowned as "The Ranger legend" without the effort required.

For the record though...you have a valid point in what you say. Just that you fired a shot over what you thought he said as opposed to what he actually said. And bro...."Saluting" doesnt have an "e". Jes sayin... :wink:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Shit ...I don’t need spell check with all you fuckers.... :wink:

The concept of a "feel good" army applied in the mid to late 90's. Not now. I have been getting soldiers in from the 173rd lately. Almost a Plts worth. These guys just got out of the shit in August...hit PCS orders....and are going back with us all in less than 9 months.

That don’t feel good.

On top of that watching team and squad live fires....I had a young NCO with multiple deployments turn catatonic on the range. As soon as the first round went down range ....the bad fight he was in came back...The kid was a rising star. The interesting thing about it was no one fucked with him. They just moved him off the range and to the rear.

If I took it wrong it is because after we redeploy, refit and start training up for the next deployment, we are still assessing casualties from the last one.

That aint cool either.

During WWII we created more awards badges and ribbons than in any other time in history. So what if there is a bullshit tab out there. In the last few years the Ranger Tab has become even more scarce then it was 6 years ago. I have damn few Ranger Qual'd officers. and even less PSG's.
So if anything it is more elite to bear a Ranger tab now than it has been sense Viet nam.

By the way, I have never had anyone compair a Sapper Tab to a Ranger tab.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “The Mosh Pit”