Preparing for RIP/Ranger School

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Ghostex
Infantryman

Preparing for RIP/Ranger School

Post by Ghostex »

Hello guys, I'm new to the boards here and I need your help in forming an effective workout plan to prepare for Ranger School. I was redirected here from the goarmy.com boards because apparently you guys know your shit!
Personal Info:
-I'm 17 and plan on signing the option 40 contract on my 18th Birthday
-I'm 6'1" and weigh 170lbs
-I can max bench press 170lbs
-I can do 16 pullups (forward grip), around 80 pushups, 60 situps, and a mile in about 6min
My current workout revolves around 30lb/15lb dumbells, pullups, pushups, variety of situps/ab excercises, and running 2-3miles on my off days.

I know I'm in shape, but am I in shape for the Rangers? What can i add to my workout, to physically and mentally prepare myself for the challenges of Ranger School? Do I need to gain more weight/How can I gain more weight (safely)?

Thanks in Advance:
Andrew O.
Ship Date: 20090723
"No man is an island"---John Donne
"Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."
Rangerguru
Ranger

Re: Preparing for RIP/Ranger School

Post by Rangerguru »

Read the rules of the site and post an intro in the proper forum, it will make you stay here much more enjoyable.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Preparing for RIP/Ranger School

Post by Disinfertention »

Rangerguru wrote:Read the rules of the site and post an intro in the proper forum, it will make you stay here much more enjoyable.
To extend on Ranger Rangergurur... Don't just read the rules of the site... READ THE SITE ITSELF (And post in the proper forum fuckstick!! :lol: :lol: ). Almost anything you said as far as standards and personal fitness can be elaborated upon in multiple threads on ArmyRanger.com. Search, Read, and Stop Posting!

Thanks for your desire to serve! Good Luck! Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “About Army Physical Training”