My Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

nPisani89
Egg

My Introduction

Post by nPisani89 »

Hi my name is Nick and I am 19 years old and will be 20 in April. I have gone through the Asvab and have qualified, but now I'm stuck. I am going to join and I don't care if my parents say I can or I can not I can do what I want I am 19 but I would really prefer if they supported me so any advice would help. I know I can stick with all of the physical aspects from prior experience. I wrestled for 7 years captain for JV freshman year, varsity captain junior and senior year and I am a big advocate of leading by example. I don't smoke, drink and have never done a drug in my life. I am not against drinking, but its just not for me that's all. I am currently in school but I plan on being in the army by this spring so I'm not choosing more classes. I have worked since I was 13 and I love a good challenge. The only problem I have is the parents thing but I plan on telling them by next Thursday but I just do not know how to approach it is all. So any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Rangers
Ranger Andy
Ranger

My Introduction

Post by Ranger Andy »

With the passage of time your parents will get over it. You have to do what's gonna make you happy. Drive on to your Ranger objective...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
scar
Ranger

Re: My Introduction

Post by scar »

nPisani89 wrote:Hi my name is Nick and I am 19 years old and will be 20 in April. I have gone through the Asvab and have qualified, but now I'm stuck. I am going to join and I don't care if my parents say I can or I can not I can do what I want I am 19 but I would really prefer if they supported me so any advice would help. I know I can stick with all of the physical aspects from prior experience. I wrestled for 7 years captain for JV freshman year, varsity captain junior and senior year and I am a big advocate of leading by example. I don't smoke, drink and have never done a drug in my life. I am not against drinking, but its just not for me that's all. I am currently in school but I plan on being in the army by this spring so I'm not choosing more classes. I have worked since I was 13 and I love a good challenge. The only problem I have is the parents thing but I plan on telling them by next Thursday but I just do not know how to approach it is all. So any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Rangers
if its a challenge you are looking for you are looking in the right spot, if this is truely something you want, don't let your parents stop you.
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

At some point in life your mom needs to pop her tit out of your mouth. You are about to embarq on a crazy journey. Dont let them stop you. Are you considering the Rangers? Let us know why you are here in our AO. Good luck on your endeavors.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Your Parents will be very concerned about your safety...they're parents. When you tell them be respectful but firm. Ensure that they understand you are making the decision and you have considered their reservations about joining the military.

FIRM BUT RESPECTFUL!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and your interest in joining the Army is appreciated. I assume you are considering enlisting to become a Ranger. In your introduction, you did not explain why you want to join. Those reasons should be the basis for telling your parents about your decision. They deserve your respect and you must earn theirs. Basing your choices on solid reasons, not a whim, and explaining to them why, will go a long way in gaining their support. You may or may not get their support or respect, but you must make and live with the choices you make. Keep us posted on progress with your recruiter and read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
nPisani89
Egg

Post by nPisani89 »

Thank you all for your information and there are several reasons that I want to become a ranger. First the typical desk job is just not for me and I love adventure and working as a team. The reason I specifically chose to be a ranger is because i always strive to be the best of the best and I believe that is what the rangers are. Lastly I know it sounds corny but I have always believe I am meant for greater things and the army would be my first step.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

My Introduction

Post by Ranger Andy »

nPisani89 wrote:Thank you all for your information and there are several reasons that I want to become a ranger. First the typical desk job is just not for me and I love adventure and working as a team. The reason I specifically chose to be a ranger is because i always strive to be the best of the best and I believe that is what the rangers are. Lastly I know it sounds corny but I have always believe I am meant for greater things and the army would be my first step.
Yo slick, get it together; it's always Ranger and treating Army with respect would be a move in the right direction! Get your head out of your fourth point of contact...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...

Return to “Introduction Archive”