Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

*Yawn....
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney. Good read.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

spider wrote:Ranger Spartan - what's the name of eric haney's book? i'll be going through all the books i can find.

thanx in advance.
'Inside Delta Force'. Don't assume that just because I threw his name out that I know him (I don't) or that he'd be interested in working on your project. However, he does have good credentials and when it comes time to put the hard earned cash on the table, that's what you want to be sure you are getting, if that is what you are paying for.

Beware, there are also many with scant credentials who can talk a mean game out there who will be eager to remove funds out of your project's budget.

When it comes time to putting capital to work for yourself or your employer, make sure the person you are hiring has YEARS inside SOF. It will help protect the reputation of your own credentials and will probably make a big difference with the seemingly small REAL world details that will make a BIG difference and which he will be responsible for, as opposed to the REEL world details for which you will be responsible.
Last edited by Spartan on February 6th, 2005, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You had better come to terms QUICKLY with the fact that you are talking to REAL life MF's, not some bullshit you've dreamed up in your mind. Each and every one of us has walked the walk; the crap you Hollywood people come up with is absolutely insulting to the years of hardship and professionalism we have perservered through, only to be misrepresented in the cinema. Really, who do you think you are, to come onto this site and try to use us as some sort of pawns in your bullshit game? I for one, wouldn't piss in your mouth if your gums were on fire.. let alone allow you to 'stroke my ego' to obtain some sort of realism to add to your bullshit movie. I spend the better part of my life trying to explain to people, whom I actually care about, what it was like to be me during my time in the Rangers. I don't need another bastardization in the cinema to complicate matters. You want to write about 'indigenous lifeforms' or whatever, fine. Don't dishonor me, or my brothers in arms, to fulfill your task. I've known too many good Rangers that have died, in order to preserve your inane right to 'free speech', for you to use us, or any other SpecOps unit, for your frivolous dollar.

Saulter out....
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

SB-
I'm with you....
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Mr. Hollyweed screeenwriter, sir, ya gotta understand. We've seen all the movies. We've been in the places those movies talk about. We've been in the firefights and the recons and the drunken parties afterwards. For those that survived. For those of us that weren't there we've probably heard the story first hand from the people that were. Most of us know, or knew, some of the individuals portrayed in those movies. And if we didn't know em, I bet we know somebody that did know em.

That being said, hollyweed isn't our favorite kind of animal. She sells herself out for the almighty dollar. She's a total bitch. She lies, cheats, exagerates, misinforms, misrepresents, and reeducates the public into believing bullshit. GI Jane comes to mind. Never happen. Total bullshit. It's hard for me to believe that actual military or exmilitary personnel worked as advisors on that piece of crap.

Love stories? Every damned one of those movies has some female in it fucking some GI's mind up. Well, I gotta tell ya, I never saw a female on any of my missions. In fact, I could hardly see the members of my own team. Darker than shit and we were kinda busy. The females don't happen until the mission is over. Remember the drunken party I mentioned earlier? When a warrior puts that camouflage stick to his face life takes on a whole new meaning.

Now while I'm on a roll - I've watched most of the hollyweed entertainment that attempts to show what SOF (Special Operation Forces) people do. Some aren't too bad. Others are so far off the wall that I have to wonder about the imagination of the the writers and question the credentials of the "military" advisors. Yet everyone of them has some kinda bullshit in it that is usually incredulous.

So, as you can tell, our feelings about that bitch hollyweed and her portrayal of SOF isn't a nice one.

In all of the movies ever produced there hasn't been that many about Rangers. And we like it like that.

RLTW
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

Army's full of Hueys. And you're talking hollyweed. Nothing to talk about.

RLTW
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

Well said Spider. Come back once in awhile and let us know how the movie script is going. I'm always curious to see how they turn out.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Introduction Archive”