First IDPA

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
McD
Ranger

First IDPA

Post by McD »

Shot my first IDPA match and let me tell you it was a blast!

I was a little ticked off at first because they insisted that I shoot in the ESP class (9mm or larger). I wanted to shoot in the CDP class (.45's). While my XD45 might have a slight disadvantage against the 1911's in the CDP class, I know I am against the baby 9's :wink:

The good news is I whipped the guys ass who made me shoot in the ESP class (His Block shoots good but he didn't). Big mouthy doofer!

I will be shooting CDP next time when I show up with the rule book. I just figure I should be shooting against the .45's since recoil and getting back on target should be more equal then shooting against the 9's.

Over all Excellent time!!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Very well done.

I shot a weekend ago and did OK but not great. Got all full of myself and tried to go fast which I'm not ready for yet. Need to practice the longer shots a little more.

Supposed to have a qualifier next month.

Been looking at some 1911's. I don't want to spend a lot up front. Figure I can modify as needed. What do you think of STI? I'm trying to stay in the 600-800 range.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

If you like IDPA...give IPSC a try. Talk about fun. Yeah, I know its a game. But dam its a fun one.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus

Return to “Weapons of War”