Sit up problem

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
RhodyOcs
Embryo

Sit up problem

Post by RhodyOcs »

As I prepare myself to enter the Army, I have been giving myself the APFT on a daily basis and doing well, and improving on the push ups and the run. My problem is with sit ups. I can do about 50-55, which would be good enough to pass, but just passing is not what I want. I played sports throughout college, but never did one sit up, and that's obviously hurting me now. I do as many situps as I can now in 3 two minute cycles daily. However, I'm not getting any noticeable improvement at all. If anyone can give me some suggestions on how to help improve my situp numbers I'd really appreciate it.
Medeski
Paratrooper

Post by Medeski »

Maybe you could try varying your exercises? I think what really helps are crunches and leg raises/flutter kicks. Also, you could try doing your situps on a decline with some added weight. As in hold a 15 - 20 lbs dumbell while you're doing them. Just some suggestions.
RhodyOcs
Embryo

Post by RhodyOcs »

Thanks Medeski, i'll try that stuff out.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Try doing situps every other day and seeing if that helps...It could be that you are overtraining them.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Work out your hip flexors too. You can strengthen these through various leg exercises and ab exercises. Reason being, a lot of people like myself use their hips more than their abs when doing situps.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''

Return to “About Army Physical Training”