Movie Reviews - New DVD Technology - High Definition

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I would hope this news will not cause anyone to rush out and purchase a new BlueRay player just yet - Last I heard, all the standards for BlueRay are still in the process of being implemented on the hardware side - and not even all the players out there for BlueRay are firmware upgradeable, therefore, they won't ever be 'up to the BlueRay standard'.

It could be another 3-6 months before the latest standard is fully implemented on the hardware side and that all the players in the inventory pipleline are firmware upgradeable. So, if you've had the patience to wait this far, what's another six months?
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Best Buy Offers Xbox 360 HD DVD Player for $50

DailyTech reported over the weekend that Microsoft pulled the plug on its Xbox 360 HD DVD player. The move was not surprising considering that Toshiba, maker of the drive, already decided to get out of the HD DVD hardware market.

We noted in the article that it would only be a matter of time before a "fire sale" would commence on the discontinued player. Today, Best Buy confirmed our suspicions by slashing the player's price to $49.99.

The $49.99 price is likely the bottom end for the player which has seen its MSRP drop from $199.99 to $179.99 to $129.99 over the past year.

The Xbox 360 HD DVD player is available for shipping on Best Buy's website, or if you prefer, in-store pickup is available if you wish to get it even sooner.

Link...
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Not sure I did the right thing, but a couple of weeks ago I pre-ordered a Sony BDP-S550. It is supposed to ship about 13 Oct. The price was $499 with free shipping. Yesterday I got an email telling me that the price had been dropped by $100 and I would be getting a credit for that amount.

Kind of anxious to get it.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

TIVO AND NETFLIX ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP TO INSTANTLY STREAM MOVIES AND TV EPISODES FROM NETFLIX DIRECTLY TO THE TV THROUGH TIVO DVRs

Deal Provides Netflix with New Content Distribution Channel, Solidifies TiVo’s Leading Position as One-Box Solution for Simple Navigation and Delivery Of the Best Entertainment Content to the TV

TiVo Inc., the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVRs) and Netflix, Inc., the world's largest online movie rental service, today announced that they are teaming up to provide Netflix and TiVo® Series3, TiVo HD, and TiVo HD XL subscribers with the ability to have thousands of movies and TV episodes instantly streamed from Netflix directly to their TVs.

The two companies said they are initiating a test of the new capability today in several thousand U.S. households and expect it to be broadly available in early December, in time for the holidays. The ability to instantly watch content from Netflix on the TV via TiVo DVRs will be offered at no additional charge to customers who subscribe to both services.

The agreement provides Netflix with an important new technology partner to instantly stream a growing library of more than 12,000 choices of movies and TV episodes directly from Netflix to the TV. It also solidifies TiVo’s leading position for simple navigation and delivery of the best entertainment content to the TV.

Press Release Here...

Return to “The Mosh Pit”