Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lost_soul

Intro

Post by lost_soul »

I'm a soldier in the reserves, and if I had the opportunity to attend Ranger School, I would jump at it.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

No one gives you the opportunity. You have to create your own opportunity.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

That ranks as one of the worse intros I have ever seen....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

rgrpuck wrote:That ranks as one of the worse intros I have ever seen....
Yep.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by Invictus »

lost_soul wrote:I'm a soldier in the reserves, and if I had the opportunity to attend Ranger School, I would jump at it.
If your effort to attend Ranger School is similar to your effort in this post, I don't see a Tab in your future anytime soon.
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Hi..
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
lost_soul

Post by lost_soul »

Roger that Rangers
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

lost_soul wrote:Roger that Rangers
That's it?

But your intro still sucks. :roll:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

Lost_soul- Yes... yes you are.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV
lost_soul

Post by lost_soul »

I have been down range before. I spend most of my time in lectures or the tattoo shop. My purpose for being here is to learn what I can about where I want to be and to get there.
Space-One03
Ranger

Post by Space-One03 »

nope..... didnt do it.......... still got balls on the chin......

Introduction means tell what you have done and then maybe you will get some feedback.

Or you can continue on and for your fourth post get more ridiculing and be cannon fodder for our entertainment. :roll:
C co. 2/75 Rgr. Rgt. 04-07
RS 06-06
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Welcome, I applaud your notion of bettering yourself, but your introduction is the very first impression we have with which to gauge your sincerity and ability. After that, we can begin to help you.

Try again, and afterwards, grab an avatar, it's site SOP
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
lost_soul

Post by lost_soul »

I have been talking with my Chain of Command about my future goals. They were supportive of pushing up a conditional release form to seek out other opportunities. However, some feel that USACAPOC will not sign off on the form. All I can do now is take advantage of whatever additional schooling is offered to me and drive on.

I have been active in PT and focusing on basic soldiering skills. I noticed that the reserves and the active component enforce different standards. While I enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, I will need to step it up if I plan on being active, that buddy-buddy attitude may earn me a foot in the ass.

I haven't had the opportunity to talk with soldiers who served or are serving in a Ranger Battalion until I came to the site. My ears are open.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

lost_soul wrote:I have been talking with my Chain of Command about my future goals. They were supportive of pushing up a conditional release form to seek out other opportunities. However, some feel that USACAPOC will not sign off on the form. All I can do now is take advantage of whatever additional schooling is offered to me and drive on.

I have been active in PT and focusing on basic soldiering skills. I noticed that the reserves and the active component enforce different standards. While I enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, I will need to step it up if I plan on being active, that buddy-buddy attitude may earn me a foot in the ass.

I haven't had the opportunity to talk with soldiers who served or are serving in a Ranger Battalion until I came to the site. My ears are open.
Honestly, I don't think they are open. Your still coming in broken and retarded.

What we have is a series of 4 posts that don't really tell us much about you.

Your in the reserves, your considering active duty, you'd like someone to give you a chance to go to Ranger School, you listen to lectures, like tattoos and perhaps long walks on the beach.

MOS? Rank? What unit did you deploy with or by down range did you mean to change out E-Types? Where did you deploy?

As some counseling class I took somewhere once taught me..this information "helps us to help you".

Or, keep speaking in tongues and you will eventually be ignored. Maybe, go read some other intros?
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Introduction Archive”