One more reason never to shop at Sears!!!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Re: One more reason never to shop at Sears!!!

Post by Julieanne »

[quote="Redrose100"]Army, Sears clothing deal irks lawmakers

From Cantigny, France, and the Argonne Forest to North Africa, Normandy, Vietnam’s Iron Triangle and Iraq —and now hauteconcept.com?

Foreign battles aren’t new for the 1st Infantry Division, but this firefight is from another world, a clash between the New Army and Old over plans to commercialize the 1st Division’s historic “Big Red Oneâ€
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Sears is THE most customer service friendly store on the planet. "Another" reason? WTF????

I love Sears. (Used to work for them.)
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

FUCK SEARS I refuse to shop there ever again after the absolutely terrible cusomer service I received earlier this year
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

TC204 wrote:Okay we need a 3rd opinion on Sears' customer service :wink:

Aside from their customer service some of their old products are very reliable.

I still have a JC Higgins .22 rifle with Sears and Roebucks stamped on the barrel, it still works!

I have a Sears and Roebucks trash compactor in my kitchen built in the early 1970's, it still works!
Craftsman tools have a LIFETIME guarantee!!!!! What other company offers a LIFETIME guarantee on anything?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

I agree with Ranger Baseplate, Fuck Sears!
We bought a Stainless Steele Sears kenmore side by side fridge from last month.
Delivery ended up a week later than they told us, to start with. As they were short on delivery people I was told. Then after they set and hooked it up, I was told to let it run for 24 hrs before I put food into it. I waited and, then went and did about $500.00 grocery shopping, to find out by the next day that most of the groceries were rotted. Called sears, they finally after 3 days sent out a repair man. He found that the fan motors were burnt out. (How can you purchase something brand new, never used and the motors be burnt out?) When I asked them about the food I had to throw away, (approximately just under about 200.00) due to ineffective merchandise, I was told that sears doesn't cover that under the warranty and that I should buy an extended warranty that would cover it the next time. I was also told to take my problem to kenmore. Did that and got no where either.
So, Definately won't be making any major purchases there anymore..
Last edited by Warriorwife on September 10th, 2008, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Silverback wrote:[Craftsman tools have a LIFETIME guarantee!!!!! What other company offers a LIFETIME guarantee on anything?
Virtually all my screwdrivers, hammers, measuring tapes, yard tools, etc. are 35 to 40 years old. So is my saber saw and circular saw. All Craftsman and all work as good as new.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tater Nuts wrote:
Silverback wrote: Craftsman tools have a LIFETIME guarantee!!!!! What other company offers a LIFETIME guarantee on anything?
Snap-On , S&K , Matco , Thorson :lol:
Well....what can I say? Craftsman started it all :lol:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Tater Nuts wrote:
Silverback wrote: Craftsman tools have a LIFETIME guarantee!!!!! What other company offers a LIFETIME guarantee on anything?
Snap-On , S&K , Matco , Thorson :lol:
Ranger Tater Nuts, I was waiting to see how long before someone would mention those tool companies having lifetime guarantees.

Warriorwife, Sorry to hear about the fridge fiasco, I had a flash of had it been me having to hold myself back from mailing the rotted food to Sears and Kenmore and then saying something like I thought you asked me to send you proof of the problem :wink:
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Warriorwife wrote:I agree with Ranger Baseplate, fuck Sears!
We bought a Stainless Steele Sears kenmore side by side fridge from last month.
Delivery ended up a week later than they told us, to start with. As they were short on delivery people I was told. Then after they set and hooked it up, I was told to let it run for 24 hrs before I put food into it. I waited and, then went and did about $500.00 grocery shopping, to find out by the next day that most of the groceries were rotted. Called sears, they finally after 3 days sent out a repair man. He found that the fan motors were burnt out. (How can you purchase something brand new, never used and the motors be burnt out?) When I asked them about the food I had to throw away, (approximately just under about 200.00) due to ineffective merchandise, I was told that sears doesn't cover that under the warranty and that I should buy an extended warranty that would cover it the next time. I was also told to take my problem to kenmore. Did that and got no where either.
So, Definately won't be making any major purchases there anymore..
Did you address it up the cvhange with sears?

I guarantee you if you took it far enough they would bend over backwards with you to make it right.

The average American company makes 7 cents on the dollar profit. Sears makes 3 cents...you know why? Customer Service.

I saw them take back a 70 year old vacuum cleaner that Sears had NEVER carried.

So if you had a bad experience you didn't follow up with the right person.

Where I worked, if a complaint made it to the District Manager the Store Manager would be at the person's house the next day with a bouquet of roses and an apology.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”