Darwin Award Nominee

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
abnhawk
Ranger

Darwin Award Nominee

Post by abnhawk »

I tried not to laugh, but failed miserably. Sadly, this one has already bred. :roll:

From the Foxnews website:

Man Dies After Falling on Butcher Knife While Trying to Get Kids Out of Locked Car
Monday , August 25, 2008

Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. —

A man who grabbed a knife to try to get his two young children out of a locked car died when he fell on the blade, Charlotte police said.

The Charlotte Observer reported that 22-year-old Miguel Angel Rivera Lemus died Sunday afternoon at Carolinas Medical Center after being stabbed in the chest.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were investigating but said Lemus' death appears to have been an accident.

Lemus and his wife had dropped by their apartment briefly before planning an errand when they realized they had locked their children and keys in the car, authorities said.

The woman searched for spare keys and Lemus grabbed a large butcher knife he hoped to use to pry open a window, police said. Lemus fell down six stairs and landed on the knife, police said.

The woman got the children out with the spare keys.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

What a jackass.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Thin the herd
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Natural selection strikes again...
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

Ranger abnhawk, I would like to thank you for inadvertently saving my ass today. As a fourth class cadet at USAFA, we are supposed to have 3 recent news articles memorized at all times. Unfortunately, this morning I found it more important to browse around on ArmyRanger.com for half an hour as opposed to reading up on the news. When I was asked for a news article today, I almost replied with "Sir, I do not have one," until this little bit of news popped into my head. I can now justify all the time I spend reading through the forum!
Never Falter, Never Fail

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

Mentee of Ranger Zonk 1/75
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:Ranger abnhawk, I would like to thank you for inadvertently saving my ass today. As a fourth class cadet at USAFA, we are supposed to have 3 recent news articles memorized at all times. Unfortunately, this morning I found it more important to browse around on ArmyRanger.com for half an hour as opposed to reading up on the news. When I was asked for a news article today, I almost replied with "Sir, I do not have one," until this little bit of news popped into my head. I can now justify all the time I spend reading through the forum!
Thus, the cycle continues...

:lol:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!

Return to “The News Dump”