Turkey Buster introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Turkey Buster
Embryo

Turkey Buster introduction.

Post by Turkey Buster »

Posting late because I had a restless night.

First of all I'd like to thank you rangers for keeping this website up, making sure that people are properly informed, and not attempting to turn this into some kind of nursery school for 14 year olds. And also, for your service to this country. (not trying to brown-nose, I'm honest)

Also, I'd like to applaud the strength of the DEPs, it takes alot to jump on an opportunity like that at an early age, and for that those guys definately get my respect.

My name is Jack, I'm from ATL, and I am looking at a future in the military.

Originally, I was going to enlist in the marine corps shooting for their basic MOS 0311 (ground pounder), equivalent of the 11B I reckon in the army MOS structure.

However, my 18th birthday came and passed, as did some family issues, and from these (mainly a younger sibling) I compromised that I'd stay here and wait until I am 21.

Basically my real stated purpose here is to collect and process information about becoming a ranger, which has seriously spiked my interest over the last few months. I have about 15 months to make my decision. I am attempting to train for a competitive PT score, and I'm going to try to hit some core classes at the local community college just to make sure I stay frosty in the math department.

I dont know if it shows yet, but I like knowing as much about a situation that I could be getting myself into as possible.

I'd like to let you guys know that I'm not a tourist, I'd like ranger school to be in my future in one way or another.

For more personal information than this introduction gave, please PM me.
Turkey Buster
Embryo

Post by Turkey Buster »

Also, as for my name I picked it because I think I had a cabela's catalogue around here open and like a dumbass it was the first thing I wrote down because I thought it sounded funny. (Turkey Buster is a type of ghost ring sight for turkey hunting, real cheap too)
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Turkey Buster

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.

1st: I have sent you a (ROE) Private Message (PM), read it.

2nd: always capitalize the "R" in Ranger. we are not: "you guys", we are Rangers.

3rd: Get rid of your unauthorized avatar.Image
Select one from the DEP category (located in your profile).

4th: Your name is good.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Turkey Buster wrote:Also, as for my name I picked it because I think I had a cabela's catalogue around here open and like a dumbass it was the first thing I wrote down because I thought it sounded funny. (Turkey Buster is a type of ghost ring sight for turkey hunting, real cheap too)
What a relief...I thought it was going to be a Georgian tale of how you were conceived.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

"Well, if an egg can fit in there... so can I... right?"

Turkey Buster. Meh.

Welcome to the site... lot's to learn and can be learn't from here. Ask the proper questions, you will get the proper guidance.

Again, welcome.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Welcome. Dont mind GSX. PM him if you want to learn more about busting turkeys.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

abn-rgr wrote:Welcome. Dont mind GSX. PM him if you want to learn more about busting turkeys.
That was when I was young, and NEEDED the money... meh.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Ahoy! ARGGGGG! Shiver me timbers matey!! ARGGGGG!!

If you can't find the information you are looking for, and rgrpuck is unresponsive, send a private message to Ranger513. He will be more than willing to help you out as well.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Turkey Buster
Embryo

Re: Turkey Buster

Post by Turkey Buster »

Steadfast wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.

1st: I have sent you a (ROE) Private Message (PM), read it.

2nd: always capitalize the "R" in Ranger. we are not: "you guys", we are Rangers.

3rd: Get rid of your unauthorized avatar.Image
Select one from the DEP category (located in your profile).

4th: Your name is good.

I had read in the original sticky that DEPs choose their avatars from the DEP section, and that "newts", aparrently people like me, choose theirs from one of the same name.

I could not find a newts section so I improvised with an avatar I had collected in order to keep from offending people who choose theirs from the other sectiosns, or the DEPs.

I will change it after this post.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Bravo57 wrote:Ahoy! ARGGGGG! Shiver me timbers matey!! ARGGGGG!!

If you can't find the information you are looking for, and rgrpuck is unresponsive, send a private message to Ranger513. He will be more than willing to help you out as well.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
No, Puck is on duty all month.

Welcome here.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Turkey Buster
Embryo

Post by Turkey Buster »

==> If you ARE NOT on the Delayed Entry Program, select an avatar from the 'Newts' gallery of Avatar Images.

==> If you ARE on the Delayed Entry Program, select an avatar from the 'DEPs' gallery of Avatar Images.
Was the root of my misunderstanding about the avatars, for clarification.

Thankyou for the welcome, Rangers.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Turkey Buster wrote:
==> If you ARE NOT on the Delayed Entry Program, select an avatar from the 'Newts' gallery of Avatar Images.

==> If you ARE on the Delayed Entry Program, select an avatar from the 'DEPs' gallery of Avatar Images.
Was the root of my misunderstanding about the avatars, for clarification.

Thankyou for the welcome, Rangers.
Canasta partner? Fishing buddy? Motherfucker?

Who are you talking to schmedlap??
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Turkey Buster
Embryo

Post by Turkey Buster »

Everyone who replied to the thread.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Turkey Buster wrote:Everyone who replied to the thread.
I can tell if you ever make it to Regiment you will be known as what we like to call a "strong" Ranger.

You are not talking to your boys on the block or your silly bitches on Myspace. This is a place of current and former professional soldiers, you should, nay will, address them with respect. Because my initial post to you proved a little abstract for your brain, I will provide an example.

In your microwave, everyone gets a medal, instant gratification world you might write something like this

Everyone who replied to the thread.

The proper way to address someone with Ranger under their title on this site would be

Ranger Charlie 51, I was addressing every Ranger that replied to this thread.

I know, the difference is so subtle it can almost not even be seen, but the result of such respect might surprise you.
In other words, use your manners on this site. Remember that you are speaking to people that can have a very positive or very negative influence on your path to the Ranger Regiment if you so choose to take that path. You have entered into a very small community.

Disagree or agree with whatever you like but on this site you will speak to us with respect or you will not be allowed to interact on this site. You are not our equal nor our peer here, you are a guest, remember that.

Now, regroup, take a breath and drive on
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers

Return to “Introduction Archive”