Double Checking on MGIB benefits

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

madslashers1-2
Ranger

Double Checking on MGIB benefits

Post by madslashers1-2 »

I called the VA center but got nothing as it is too late in the day and they are closed for the weekend, also checked the website but was left unsatisfied, due to a registration snafu (on my part) I am not going to be an officially registered student at the university I have been attending for the past four semesters, my question is to anyone whom might be in the know, can I still get paid if I am carrying 12 units or more, even though I am not a admitted student, I am able to take courses as an outsider but will VA still recognize this? I'm just assuming as well that GI benefits are attainable while attending the academy right?
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
42L5V
Ranger

Re: Double Checking on MGIB benefits

Post by 42L5V »

madslashers1-2 wrote:I called the VA center but got nothing as it is too late in the day and they are closed for the weekend, also checked the website but was left unsatisfied, due to a registration snafu (on my part) I am not going to be an officially registered student at the university I have been attending for the past four semesters, my question is to anyone whom might be in the know, can I still get paid if I am carrying 12 units or more, even though I am not a admitted student, I am able to take courses as an outsider but will VA still recognize this? I'm just assuming as well that GI benefits are attainable while attending the academy right?
Not sure about the academy.

VA has never let my benefits lapse in between semesters. In fact, I still get paid for the two weeks or so inbetween my online semesters.

Not sure how it works at a brick and mortar college. Registration is usually a matter of money and being on time. I always carry a zero balance on my college bills, so they're pretty good about hooking me up if I register a little late.

Hope this helps.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Thanks, that solves that one, if you're getting paid than thats standard and hopefully so shall I.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present

Return to “Post Service Issues”