Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

cells59
Egg

Introduction

Post by cells59 »

Hi, my name is mike and I'm twenty-three years old I currently reside in Florida.I'm also a High school grad and did about a year or so in a community college . my major is criminal justice. and I was lucky enough to stubble upon this site, and then be accepted. I D.ep'ed into the Army about sometime last week.

But unfortunatly I wasn't able to get a 11x with the option 40 because I had some past legal issuses from the age of twelve and seventeen , also I got into a fight at my school when I was twenty but I was able to get an option 4 contract. so my question to you is do I still have the possiblity to go R.I.P .

Thanks for any and all feedback . looking forward to talking and getting to know some of you guys.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Stud, normally it is possible to get to RIP from Airborne school. In fact several Rangers on this site got their slots this way. However, in your situation, you may have some security clearance issues that may prevent you from going. I don't have enough information to answer that question. Start reading the forum and using the 'search' feature as your question may have already been answered. The fact that you apparently were denied an option 40 leads me to believe that the security clearence issue may prevent you from becoming a Ranger.

Welcome to the site.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Please check your inbox. I am sending you a private message with the site ROE. Good luck with your career in the military.
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by RANGER513 »

cells59 wrote:Hi, my name is mike and I'm twenty-three years old I currently reside in Florida.I'm also a High school grad and did about a year or so in a community college . my major is criminal justice. and I was lucky enough to stubble upon this site, and then be accepted. I D.ep'ed into the Army about sometime last week.

But unfortunatly I wasn't able to get a 11x with the option 40 because I had some past legal issuses from the age of twelve and seventeen , also I got into a fight at my school when I was twenty but I was able to get an option 4 contract. so my question to you is do I still have the possiblity to go R.I.P .

Thanks for any and all feedback . looking forward to talking and getting to know some of you guys.
:roll:

Where do I start ?????

" Hi " ? Hi......WHO !? Your pet dog ? Your addressing Rangers.

Proof read your typing BEFORE hitting the send button, college stud.

" Looking forward to getting to know some of your guys " !!!????? WTF ! Trust me, wildman, with your attitude and lack of respect, you DON'T want to know some of us.

Follow Ranger RTO's advice and READ.

You are currently a NO GO at this station.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
cells59
Egg

Post by cells59 »

Roger that Ranger513

I meant to no way shape or form to come off disrespectful or arrogant to any of the seasoned vets on this site or anywhere for that matter I respect all Rangers if I didn't I wouldn’t aspire to be on of America's elite.
pellett2007
Tadpole

Post by pellett2007 »

Welcome Mike, PM inbound.
Sometimes you feel tired, feel weak
When you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up
But you gotta search within you, find that inner strength

Mentee to Ranger Bill.
Basic: 12 September 2008, Fort Benning.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Was it your recruiter or during your visit at MEPs when you were told you were not eligible for an Option 40? And were you told that you would not qualify for a Secret Security Clerance?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
cells59
Egg

Post by cells59 »

It was my recruiter Ranger Bill, when I went down to MEPs. The counselors said there is a possibility that I wouldn't be able to get a secret clearance because I required a moral waiver to enlist but that each case is different.
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by Ops NCO »

Welcome to the site, Mike.

As I am not a Ranger, I'll leave all advice in that area to the qualified members of the board. They will steer you right.

I will mention that, whether or not you are able to try for the Regiment, you are still being given a great opportunity. It is, of course, up to you to make the most of it. Now you can leave behind whatever behavior in your past that previously created "legal issues" for you. Make the most of it. Looking forward to seeing you earn your wings and the opportunity that comes with it. Please keep us posted.
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Volunteer for RIP in AIT or BAC. You have nothing to lose and you just might slide through and get that clearance. Read the ROE PM I am sending you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”