Flight from justice?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Flight from justice?

Post by Ops NCO »

If I were the father of the guy now in a coma, I believe I'd have to take a quiet trip to Serbia....
:evil:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, Brian Steinhauer is in a coma and his alleged attacker is across the Atlantic, a fugitive from justice, and he may stay that way forever.

Full story
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

I have a few suggestions, but they are not very ladylike for me to verbalize them, so I'll keep my verbal filter on.

Prayers out this this young man Brian's friends and family. May justice be served.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

From the story I heard elsewhere, he was also given assistance of a plane ticket and money by the Serbian consulate in NYC.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the family will never have justice served and nothing will happen.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The fight occured less than a mile from where I sit, local coverage is intense.
The Serb counsel in NYC paid the scumwad's bail ($100K) and provided a passport which allowed the attacker to flee the country just ahead of the HS watch alert placed on him.
The 6'7", 260# sports scholarship jock claims that the 5'8" nerd attacked him after patting the butt of a third person's girlfriend.
Standing up for your lady is one thing, but nothing excuses trying to stomp someone to death basicaly for the hell of it.
A number of blogs have appeared supporting the gangsters, mostly based on the victim's assumed jewish ethnicity.
This has been a godsend for Sen.Schumer, one oxygen thief of a congressman. He's milked this affair for all the publicity it's worth. Too bad he doesn't act like this when it comes to our nation's enemies.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

K.Ingraham wrote:The fight occured less than a mile from where I sit, local coverage is intense.
The Serb counsel in NYC paid the scumwad's bail ($100K) and provided a passport which allowed the attacker to flee the country just ahead of the HS watch alert placed on him.
The 6'7", 260# sports scholarship jock claims that the 5'8" nerd attacked him after patting the butt of a third person's girlfriend.
Standing up for your lady is one thing, but nothing excuses trying to stomp someone to death basicaly for the hell of it.
A number of blogs have appeared supporting the gangsters, mostly based on the victim's assumed jewish ethnicity.
This has been a godsend for Sen.Schumer, one oxygen thief of a congressman. He's milked this affair for all the publicity it's worth. Too bad he doesn't act like this when it comes to our nation's enemies.
A few years ago, we had a similar case here in Maryland. Some drug dealer killed and dismembered one of the competition and then fled to Israel. The killer remains there -- there is a law that Israel cannot deport anyone.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Jim wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:The fight occured less than a mile from where I sit, local coverage is intense.
A few years ago, we had a similar case here in Maryland. Some drug dealer killed and dismembered one of the competition and then fled to Israel. The killer remains there -- there is a law that Israel cannot deport anyone.
Similar laws, the Israelis will not expedite a Jew, period.
THe Serbs can expedite, but the checklist required makes it extremely unlikely, but they will, or rather, can try him there. But whether they'd be more interested in justice from the victim's standpoint or through their very easily hurt nationalistic feelings is questionable.
Doesn't appear through what I've been reading here that there's much of a defense for them, other than the assertation that this skinny Jew attacked three big basketball heros after patting a girlfriends butt, which just might work in Belgrade, certainly not liberal Binghamton, where the prejudice runs in the other direction.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “The News Dump”