Rush Limbaugh gets 8 year, 304 Million deal

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
LEROY
Ranger

Re: Rush Limbaugh gets 8 year, 304 Million deal

Post by LEROY »

TC204 wrote:NEW YORK - Rush Limbaugh will make about $38 million a year to continue his radio show over the next eight years. In addition, he says will be getting a nine-figure signing bonus from Premiere Radio Networks.

Full Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is 10 Million more than A-Rod annually!
And just like A-Rod if fans would stop watching/listening to Rush he would not make so much money. I personally don't care how much he makes. Having said that, I will continue to watch/listen to MLB and Rush.
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
RTO
BANNED

Re: Rush Limbaugh gets 8 year, 304 Million deal

Post by RTO »

TC204 wrote:NEW YORK - Rush Limbaugh will make about $38 million a year to continue his radio show over the next eight years. In addition, he says will be getting a nine-figure signing bonus from Premiere Radio Networks.

Full Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is 10 Million more than A-Rod annually!
Don't worry, there is still plenty for A-Rod's Ex to latch onto after she has her 'Trophy Divorce' ! :shock: :lol: :lol:
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

What a waste of money. I can't stand any pompous blowhard whether conservative or liberal.

Rush is a fucking idiot. When that jackass dies I will think good riddens.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by Ops NCO »

Rush is a fucking idiot.
Amen to that....
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Ops NCO wrote:
Rush is a fucking idiot.
Amen to that....
I've never agreed with anything he says, but for the longest time I begrudgingly acknowledged his right to his opinion...

Then I found out he got a Vietnam deferment because of a pylonidal cyst. That would be like getting a deferment for a sprained ankle.

Non-permanent. Non-life altering. Bullshit.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Then I found out he got a Vietnam deferment because of a pylonidal cyst. That would be like getting a deferment for a sprained ankle.

Non-permanent. Non-life altering. Bullshit.
We had a 2 term POTUS, if I recall, that "loathed the military" and was a little too busy banging whores in London and smoking pot to worry about joining the military.
In Rush's defense, he ain't running for office...he's running a business--and doing fairly well based on the above numbers...

I DO AGREE that Rush has become a stuffed suit blow hard, but he is that way because....

wait for it.....

he has an audience....yeah...that's right...blow hard or not, there are people that listen to him, advertisers pay for that, and so he does what he does, says what he says, and gets paid millions to do it because advertisers spend many many many millions for his reach. If the audience changes...he would change...I'll guarantee it...

I liked listening to him in the early '90's...can't really tolerate more that 20 minutes at a time any more...but it is personal preference.

If we had a Ranger start a radio show about Rangers and Rangering, we would ALL listen to it, and all agree with MOST of what was being said...and that show would probably gross just enough money to buy a couple cups of coffee per day...it just would not appeal to a wide enough range of people to bank $$$$.

All I am saying is that military service, or lack thereof, is not a criteria for a Radio guy...shit, it aint criteria for POTUS (it should be IMHO, but it is not)...how he did or did not get a deferment is irrelevant, because if it wasn't available...he wouldn't have gotten it...but it was, and he did...

Lets face it Gents, like him or not, if someone handed you a contract for 1% (that's $380,000 a year for you Strong Rangers :wink: ) to talk on a radio 3 hours a day...I would find it hard to believe that ANY of us would turn that money down...Multiply that by 100, and do you think you might get a big head...maybe a little cocky? I'm just sayin' :lol:

B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90

Return to “The News Dump”