Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
Darksaga wrote:Went and saw Wanted.

I had low expectations so it was better than expected.

Oh and if you like Angelina Jolie... :twisted:
Did you jerk off in the theater like I...I mean, someone else...was doing in the theater?
:shock:

You and RTO didn't go together did you?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Hancock was pretty good. It was pretty funny, and had a little twist on the superhero thing.

The trick to not feeling like you're getting raped by paying for the movie and the junk-food is to load up on beers and a few slices of pizza before the movie. Then, just walk across the parking lot to the theater, that is, if you have a pizza place next to the theater. For under $10 I had two slices of pizza and three beers, compared to a small fountain drink and a candy for $10 at the concession stand.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Just took my girls to see Wall-E. It was really good. Amazing graphics, good story line and some funny stuff in it. I did like the message it sent.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Bond is back. Hits theatres in November.
Here is the first trailer.
Still too early to tell, but this guy may be the best 007 ever.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809961074/trailer
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

RTO wrote:Bond is back. Hits theatres in November.

BLASPHEMER! Sean Connery is the best Bond. :)

Daniel Craig is really great in this role, the last Bond movie pretty much kicked ass.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

FireFinder wrote:
RTO wrote:Bond is back. Hits theatres in November.

BLASPHEMER! Sean Connery is the best Bond. :)

Daniel Craig is really great in this role, the last Bond movie pretty much kicked ass.
I agree, one good movie does not make 'the best Bond ever'. Ask me again after Craig does 3-4 more Bond movies.

Connery certainly did set the bar very high. Not sure if anyone will ever be 'better' than SC.

And with bigger budgets and better movie technology every day, a fair comparison would be really hard to make anyways. I was thinking for a moment I wish I could forget the Roger Moore Bond movies, yet it is those years that make all other Bond movies better!
RLTWMOM
Tadpole

Movie Reviews

Post by RLTWMOM »

Did anyone see Vantage Point? What did you think? I may have missed the reviews on this movie. I went back before the beginning of the year and didn't see anything.
But being older than the "middle aged woman" who qualified for the Olympics I too didn't see it if it was posted.

heidi
Nomad
Ranger

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Nomad »

RLTWMOM wrote:Did anyone see Vantage Point? What did you think? I may have missed the reviews on this movie. I went back before the beginning of the year and didn't see anything.
But being older than the "middle aged woman" who qualified for the Olympics I too didn't see it if it was posted.

heidi
Vantage point sucked.
RLTWMOM
Tadpole

movie Reviews

Post by RLTWMOM »

Why? Being the mom of a Ranger I don't have the insight or knowledge that all of you do. The movie just made me nervous. I don't watch war movies for the obvious reasons but thought this would be different. If any of you Rangers have the time please explain why you didn't like it or what about it was not credible.

heidi
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

It is a lame movie, IMO. Highly predictable.

Just watched 10,000 BC. 5/10.
RLTWMOM
Tadpole

movies

Post by RLTWMOM »

What is that movie about? Did you like 300? How about Meet the Spartans? I know you are thinking, "Is she for real?". I don't get out much. I have two boys in the Army and I keep myself happy by thinking they are both in SGT Bilkos Army. Major denial. Anyway, thank you for responding. The Bucket List was good.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: movies

Post by rgrokelley »

RLTWMOM wrote:What is that movie about? Did you like 300? How about Meet the Spartans? I know you are thinking, "Is she for real?". I don't get out much. I have two boys in the Army and I keep myself happy by thinking they are both in SGT Bilkos Army. Major denial. Anyway, thank you for responding. The Bucket List was good.
I imagine that a good chunk of this list has no idea who SGT Bilko is. If it wasn't for reruns in the time before 24 hour satellite TV, I wouldn't either.

I hated 300. The story is a great story, however the movie 300 is not about Thermopylae. It is about a comic book, that was about Thermopylae. Due to this there are some bizarre crap in there. For example there is some fat guy with hands like a crab who chop off people's heads. There are Persians riding rhinoceros. What the heck is that? It would be like Hollywood making a movie about Takur Gur, and the enemy is all 9 foot transvestites, riding elephants. They could have taken the book "Gates of Fire" and just filmed it. I sat my girls down to watch 300, to show them the legendary story of resistance, but I had to make them leave the room after about 20 minutes.

Meet the Spartans is basically 300 as told by an ADHD 8th grade boy.
Retarded.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I just saw Cloverfield and thought I'd say that I really, really liked it.

Also I saw Jumper which was good too but not as good as Cloverfield.

The end of Cloverfield gives great meaning to the word END.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “The Mosh Pit”