Springfield Socom...

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Bullybreed
USANG Veteran

Springfield Socom...

Post by Bullybreed »

Has anyone had a chance to fire one of these(Ranger Want2race perhaps?...you seem to know your shit on everything down to a sling shot!...I'm a little jealous) I am looking for something new to toy around with and she is catching my eye.
May98-Feb01, 1164TC, 79th Troop Command, MA ARNG

"The Peace Symbol is the Footprint of the American Chicken"
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I'm curious also... maybe not the Socom... but the scout or the ???? One with a 16 1/2" and the 18" barreled model. I think they would be a blast to hunt with... though a little heavy (>9lbs).
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

I've got one of the SOCOM M1A's. It's a good shooter (loud as fuck with the short barrel) and I really like it but I kinda wished I would have gotten a Standard Loaded model with a nice walnut stock.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

another damn texan wrote:I've got one of the SOCOM M1A's. It's a good shooter (loud as fuck with the short barrel) and I really like it but I kinda wished I would have gotten a Standard Loaded model with a nice walnut stock.
Had one firing next to me at the range this weekend...sumbitch sounds like a 50 cal going off...(only round that gets through my custom hearing protection)...the guy seemed to like it...said he never had a problem with it.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I just picked up a SOCOM II but I won't be able to give a sitrep until I get home in August and shoot it.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

If you have the bucks, which I don't, look at fulton armory - google it.

Return to “Weapons of War”