Introduction & Question: ArmyNurse-RangerWife

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AirborneNurse-RangerWife
Embryo

Post by AirborneNurse-RangerWife »

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate all your feedback. I've decided to surprise him at his graduation anyway, and we'll see if he can get the Airborne slot (I hope so). I'll be sure to send him this way once he's officially a Ranger. I've already mentioned this Ranger brotherhood in a few letters. :D

V/R AirborneNurse-RangerWife
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com - ain't no place like it on the whole of the world wide web.

Thank you for serving our nation AND supporting a fine warrior. Your sacrifices are appreciated!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Have him go to ABN school as soon as possible. I was in Air Assault school 2 weeks after graduating RS. Physically he may be smoked from RS, but as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, he should have no problem. ( A lot of it is the mental state following RS.)

Also, as a new RS grad going to either Airborne or Air Assault School, he WILL be 'noticed' by the instructors!! :wink:
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
EyesWideOpen
Tadpole

Welcome to the Club!

Post by EyesWideOpen »

AirborneNurse-RangerWife wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate all your feedback. I've decided to surprise him at his graduation anyway, and we'll see if he can get the Airborne slot (I hope so). I'll be sure to send him this way once he's officially a Ranger. I've already mentioned this Ranger brotherhood in a few letters. :D

Welcome to the Site! Glad to have you aboard. I am so glad you were able to go to graduation. It is a jump start into a very unique and honorable existance within the Army. It is good for your husband to go Airborne if he is interested. It is a career enhancer as well. Met a Sgt. Major that got turned away from Bragg because he wasn't airborne quaified. It helps if that is the track he wants to go. Best of luck and look forward to talking more on the site.
EyesWideOpen

Mantra: Never walk into the Dark with your eyes shut...always walk into any and all situations with your Eyes Wide Open!!! Or get f_cked!

"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it."
Benajmin Franklin
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Hey 2lt! Congrats on the graduation and the commission! I was an MSC Officer before I went Infantry and I got to go to the vacation that is AMEDD OBC! You will find PT a joke! Make sure you help out all the direct commission O4 and up doctors and nurses figure out how to buy and wear their uniforms. You'll be seeing them soon somewhere in the Army!

As for Ranger Hubby, check him out yourself and see if he has an cellulitis or other creeping crud type of infections. Figure out a healthy nutrition program for a quick recovery from FL Phase. Then get him into the school slot!

Go to Benning and try to walk his paper work through the system by going to the school and making contact and finding him a slot. Then once you get the school slot, take that info to the S1 at Ranger school and try to get the follow-on school on his orders. If you have too, go to the hospital on Benning and ask for Ranger qualified doctor and tell what your trying do for your husband.

If you're really good at working the system and acting like you own the Army, then you'll get him a Pathfinder slot as another follow-on school!

Good luck and just remember that you're only limited by your imagination!

"Doc" McCalip
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Congratulations and thanks to both you and your husband. Welcome to ArmyRanger.com M'am.

I am having fun thinking about what sort of cool avatars we would make for a LEG Ranger.

Got to agree with most of the folks here, it would be great if he could get the Abn School out of the way, right away, but it sure would be nice if he could get a week or two of leave between the two.

What about pinning on that tab? Do you think his Airborne Wife will get selected for the task? :twisted:
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Introduction & Question: ArmyNurse-RangerWife

Post by Ranger Andy »

What's going on? It's early, I'm tired, I'm gonna get another beer and cigar. Maybe we'll have a thunderstorm tonight... ps: have fun with the ArmyRanger.com site!
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

I am assuming your husband is a 2LT as well. Is he IN? If so, he has a free chance to go to Airborne School. If not he still stands a good chance of walking on as an O down there. Unless you are going to AK and the
4-25 he is probably not going to get another look at BAC for a while. Take the oppurtunity and you should both take leave after BAC before your OBC date. You can get your branch to push it back if the timeline doesn't jive. Spend time together now...deployments are just around the corner for the both of you...beg borrow and steal to do it...
RS Class 06-06
AirborneNurse-RangerWife
Embryo

Yes, he is a 2LT as well (O1E)... Engineer Corps.

42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

AirborneNurse-RangerWife wrote:Yes, he is a 2LT as well (O1E)... Engineer Corps.

If/when y'all make it to Fort Leonard Wood - drop a line. There's a couple of us covertly scattered in the Ozarks.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

AirborneNurse-RangerWife wrote:Yes, he is a 2LT as well (O1E)... Engineer Corps.

So he had 4 or more years as an enlisted soldier (O1E paygrade)?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
AirborneNurse-RangerWife
Embryo

I'm sorry. I got confused for a split second. He has 3 years under his belt as an enlisted soldier. So I guess that doesn't make him an O1E. :oops: Is there another abbreviation for that? Surely those 3 years count for something...

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

yep, he's an O1 with 2-4 years of service on the pay scale, and that much closer to retirement.

he also should have some real experience to draw on as leader.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Introduction Archive”