Ex-Manson follower dying, seeks release from prison

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Ex-Manson follower dying, seeks release from prison

Post by Ops NCO »

Former Manson family member Susan Atkins has requested a "compassionate release" from prison because she has less than six months to live, a California prisons spokeswoman said Friday.

Full story

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's ridiculous to even consider letting her out for "compassionate" reasons. If she had any compassion to begin with, she wouldn't be there....
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Actually, she was sentenced to Death, but the Kalifornia Supreme Court ruled their Death Penalty unconstitutional in '72 and her sentence was changed to Life. She should be afforded all the compassion that she showed to the 8 1/2 month pregnant Sharon Tate when she stabbed her to death and wrote "PIGS" on the floor with her blood.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

They said she has six months to live. Would she be allowed to pursue medical treatments to extend her life? What if that six months turns into three years? What then?

No big deal. She's definitely NOT going to get approved for this. It's just 'interesting news' is all. Nothing to get wound up about.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I wouldn't be surprised if California let her go....

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I'd send her pictures of the crime scene and victims for her to look at over the next six months... and keep her right the fuck where she is!

If her prognosis is true, her sentence will be over very soon.
Last edited by Sleepy Doc on June 14th, 2008, 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

EarthPig wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if California let her go....

RLTW
EP
I'd think Aaaaanold the Governator would have the final say, wouldn't he?
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Six more months and finally the people of California, and probably the rest of is, can quit paying for her fucking ass to stay alive. Is this bitch one of the two older chicks? I saw a documentary about Manson and none of those whores were repentant; they were still awestruck just thinking about that little, ugly bastard.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Six months on the street would give someone in the Tate family a shot at taking her out :twisted:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Horned Toad wrote:Six months on the street would give someone in the Tate family a shot at taking her out :twisted:
Now THAT....makes some sense.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

***BUMP***

Dying Manson follower denied prison release

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California's state parole board on Tuesday denied a request for compassionate release to Charles Manson follower Susan Atkins, who stabbed actress Sharon Tate to death nearly 40 years ago and is dying of brain cancer.

The California Board of Parole released its unanimous decision hours after a 90-minute hearing, during which it heard impassioned pleas from both sides.

Her doctors and officials at the women's prison in Corona made the request in March because of her deteriorating health. Atkins also has had her left leg amputated and is paralyzed on her right side, her husband and attorney, James Whitehouse, told a parole hearing.

Link To Story
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

...her husband and attorney, James Whitehouse...
Leave it to an attorney to marry this psychotic murdering cunt.

:roll:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Spartan wrote:No big deal. She's definitely NOT going to get approved for this. It's just 'interesting news' is all. Nothing to get wound up about.
Just as some brilliant Ranger on here predicted. 8)
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by Ops NCO »

Careful, Spartan. Wouldn't want your humility to get the best of you! :D
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR

Return to “The News Dump”