Hit-and-run victim left in street without help

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Hit-and-run victim left in street without help

Post by Ops NCO »

HARTFORD, Connecticut (AP) -- A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but appear to do nothing. One driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

Full story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I just don't understand some people...
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I saw the video of this on the news last night. Folks are all walking by this guy while he lays in the road. This happened in Connecticut. All I could think is that dang near everyone walking by are all those compassionate liberals, who will most likely vote for Obama. But they can't help out an old guy who lays on the hot road after he is hit by a car.

They were probably waiting for someone from the government come and save the man.

Amazing! :shock:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

I saw that on the news as well, and it's beyond ridiculous.

I can't imagine being in that situation, and not having someone attempt to help. That's pretty f*cked up.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."

Return to “The News Dump”