Energy fears looming, new survivalists prepare

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Energy fears looming, new survivalists prepare

Post by Ops NCO »

BUSKIRK, N.Y. --A few years ago, Kathleen Breault was just another suburban grandma, driving countless hours every week, stopping for lunch at McDonald's, buying clothes at the mall, watching TV in the evenings.

That was before Breault heard an author talk about the bleak future of the world's oil supply. Now, she's preparing for the world as we know it to disappear.

Full story link:
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

You go grandma! 8)

It's interesting that a sustaining and self-sufficient lifestyle was not only common 100-150 years ago, it was the norm.
Looks like, for the smart ones, this is the way we are headed over the next 100 years or so....
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

TC204 wrote:"Convinced the planet's oil supply is dwindling and the world's economies are heading for a crash,"

Leading Geologists said over a decade ago that this planets oil supply had 75 years left. I can see a large war in the future over the Anwar oil fields in Alaska. The treehuggers won't let us drill so in a few decades that area will have lots of interest!
Things will start getting really interesting when (not if) gasoline hits $25.00 a gallon at the pump. I don't think it will be much more than 50 years from now when it gets this high.
lusus
Ranger

Post by lusus »

RTO wrote:
TC204 wrote:
Things will start getting really interesting when (not if) gasoline hits $25.00 a gallon at the pump. I don't think it will be much more than 50 years from now when it gets this high.
Demand destruction will occur way before you see $25/gallon. We'll be driving electric cars first, and do-gooders will be screaming about the poor people that have been displaced to the suburbs as you see a reverse 'white flight'. While very tough to predict what happens 50 years out, one thing seems sure - either technology will find the answer to a hydrocarbon transition and we won't be oil based, or the world will resemble the bad parts of Africa because we couldn't get it done.
C co 2/75 86-90
Class 8-88

'The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.' Frederick Foch
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Interesting. Because right now there is a group of geologists & oil producers that believe that there is no effective limit to the oil supply.

I predict more jockeying for control of OPEC countries long before we see the collapse of "civilization".
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The News Dump”